Who's next for Dominator Cruz?

635854806394031846-UFC-Mixed-Martial-Art-Feit.jpg

Lineker, I want him to knock Cruz out, chase him down and beat him against the cage. I want to see Cruz run from Linekar for 5 rounds which I don't think he can and I'm going to laugh and laugh.

i know it´s not the fair thing to do, to just let a guy walk in a division and already have a shot at the belt, but Frankie Edgar has done so much in the UFC, he´s always ready, in fight shape and stylistically that would be a great match up. Both guys with excellent footwork, very well rounded and it could bring a new atmosphere to an otherwise dreary divison. Would Dom still be able to get those quick takedowns on Frankie or would it be the opposite? I really like both guys´s styles and it could also be Edgar´s last chance to get a belt at a different division and get up there with BJ Penn in greatness of achievement.
Do you think he could make that cut?

Do you think he could make that cut?
Good question. When he fought at 155, his normal weight was around 160.... but nowadays he probably keeps it a little below that (let´s say 155) so he doesn´t need to cut much to make 145.... so I guess cutting 10 more pounds (4,5kg) wouldn´t hurt him thaaaaat much (not saying it´s easy).... maybe affect his performance a little.... BUT if we look at a guy like Renan Barao, Barao was/is bigger than Frankie, and still made the weight and was a dominant champion.

Cruz vs Dillashaw was more than close, it was a coin toss
and it will be a coin toss again.

of cours in your mind it was an easy win for cruz bcz you were rooting for him, Narrow-minded

Also I like how people counting Edgar out only because he had a bad night against one of the GOAT's in Jose Aldo, who by the way is alot better and bigger than Cruz

To be fair though Raphael was coming off injury and only took the fight cause he wanted to through his hat back in the ring. He should've taken a couple warm up fights first before going after the former champ.
Yeah but with a win over TJ already combined with his seven fight win streak means he would've taken a lot of flak and potentially lost his high rank even with a win (when you have guys like Lineker getting huge wins over top guys) had he taken a step down.

i know it´s not the fair thing to do, to just let a guy walk in a division and already have a shot at the belt, but Frankie Edgar has done so much in the UFC, he´s always ready, in fight shape and stylistically that would be a great match up. Both guys with excellent footwork, very well rounded and it could bring a new atmosphere to an otherwise dreary divison. Would Dom still be able to get those quick takedowns on Frankie or would it be the opposite? I really like both guys´s styles and it could also be Edgar´s last chance to get a belt at a different division and get up there with BJ Penn in greatness of achievement.
I was with you until you said bantamweight is dreary. Cruz may be a dreary champion but there is soooo much talent in that weight class.

I was with you until you said bantamweight is dreary. Cruz may be a dreary champion but there is soooo much talent in that weight class.
Did you notice the "otherwise" before the dreary? I too think the division nowadays is really exciting, with great competition between the top guys like TJ, Lineker, Dom, maybe Frankie coming down.... And all of them very technical well rounded guys. I foresee excellent fights.

Did you notice the "otherwise" before the dreary? I too think the division nowadays is really exciting, with great competition between the top guys like TJ, Lineker, Dom, maybe Frankie coming down.... And all of them very technical well rounded guys. I foresee excellent fights.
Ah I see. I agree.

Back