Who's More Likely To Let Pride Get the Best of Them?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by SuperBadAzz, Jan 3, 2015.

1. SuperBadAzz

SuperBadAzz Brown Belt

Don't get me wrong, I think Jon & DC will stick to their gameplans. Jones will keep to the outside & try to use his range, Cormier will press in looking to get ahold of Jon. But there's a significant amount of pride in both of these guys.

Jon has already hinted at thinking he can wrestle with Cormier. IMO this would be a huge mistake. One would think he's got the advantage on the feet & the quickness to keep on the outside, but there's a chance he could test DC's grappling & it cost him.

On the others side, DC seems to know where he wants to fight. He knows his wrestling is elite & that he is a physically stronger man than Jon. But there is obvious bad blood between the 2, & it wouldn't shock me if DC spent a little too much time trying to take Jon's head off on the feet. If this is the case Jon could land something to change the entire fight.

2. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

[YT]9XliISCN8xs[/YT]

3. Diggem

Diggem Black Belt

Cormier likes to try and please his fake fans by being fake. He will crumble as a result and that is a good thing.

4. dc007

dc007 mr. white belt

I'd say DC seems more agitated leading up to the fight so if anyone loses their cool in there it will probably be him.

5. dickcheney

dickcheney Gold Belt

DC will let pride get the best of him. After Jon lights him up on the feet and dc starts losing the wrestling edge , can you imagine the cry storm that will happen in his corner? I don't think he will be able to switch up his gameplan

6. Count Zero

Count Zero Twisting Nether

I think even with emotions running high both of them are pretty smart when the pressure is on will not get too carried away, but if anyone is going to let their emotions get the better of them it's Bones.

Guys, DC has been in the Olympics. He's lost a child. Lost a child. There is no emotion Jon Jones can evoke in DC anywhere near what he's already faced.

7. dickcheney

dickcheney Gold Belt

That doesn't mean he handles lesser emotional strains better. He got clowned by jones at the pressor and his response was to break down take off his shoe and ultimately hit a female reporter with it

8. Count Zero

Count Zero Twisting Nether

Fair point, but I think DC works himself up on purpose leading up to his competitions (I could be wrong), and honestly I think some of this hype from the both of them is ... I won't say worked, but I will say they're exaggerating.

I will absolutely not be shocked if they do shake hands / hug after this one.

9. Actualized174

Actualized174 Black Belt

Dc definitely appears to be easily gotten to.

10. bambammccoy

bambammccoy Red Belt

No amount of brawls, off camera shit talking, or awkward staredowns will cover up that hint of forcefulness when they talk shit to each other. Not all of it but you can definitely here the slip ups.

11. TheScorpionDude

TheScorpionDude Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>

For all the people that believe that DC is really getting angry or whatever :

Same face, same acting .... same everything. He almost cracked a smile at the end.

DC is just making it entertaining. So is Jones. These are grown ass super athlete millionaires. They don't lose their calm over petty shit.

12. KrausersRevenge

KrausersRevenge Free from ignorance. Platinum Member

What exactly makes him fake?

13. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

Jon Jones

14. Jermei

Jermei Steel Belt Platinum Member

DC will be the more emotional fighter, and he needs to be to take that belt.

15. dickcheney

dickcheney Gold Belt

Was he acting when he hit that reporter with his shoe?

16. BrunswickMAF

BrunswickMAF Orange Belt

DC easily. I think the whole incident with Jones and him in the hallway was just Jones trying to provoke him knowing that he would bite the bait and go off the handle. He's easily gotten to and Jones knows it.

That being said I think that he will win tonight unless he starts swinging for the fences and missing leading him to be open in a compromising position

17. TheScorpionDude

TheScorpionDude Get over here! ~~~~~~~~~~~~==>

So ? Dude, it's not rocket science to throw a shoe. It's not a stretch to say that while acting someone might get hit with a shoe. Big deal. Is she dead ? He didn't stab her for Christ sake.