who would you ROOT for in a Conor vs Floyd matchup

Conor in a boxing match, Mayweather in a MMA bout. I like underdogs.

McG for two reasons

1) Floyd is a woman abusing piece of shit and a boring boxer
2) McG is representing MMA. And as much as I hate him, I'm not going to root for the boxer
Woman beating, sucker punching, fight dodging coward. If you hate Mcgregors personality how can you be a fan of somebody with a similar yet more diluded personality. Especially when he has been charged with domestic abuse, dodged fighters and is a dirty fighter.

not who you think will win, but who will you root for? Question for the conor haters out there. Would you betray your sport and cheer for the boxer?

Great question TS. It's been bugging me for a while.

It makes me want to check out boxing forums and see if everyone there would be rooting for Conor. Is it our sport, our website, our generation, the interwebs....?

I mean 3 years ago, Floyd Mayweather vs random MMA fighter and 90+% are rooting for the MMA fighter. "That fight dodging, disrespectful, shallow, pillow-fisted, woman beating crackbaby is getting fucked up bro"

Now he's the welterweight Mike Tyson and everybody can't wait for him to destroy the best thing that ever happened to their sport.

{<Mcgoat}

MMA!!!!!!

Conor is our guy. Revere him. Don't wait til he's retired. And don't ever root against him in a fuckin boxing match or you'll be demoted to a white belt so fast, your fuckin head will spin.
<{JustBleed}>

Mayweather. Hope Conor gets embarrassed. If Conor carried himself with an ounce of integrity then i would root for him but he's a TROLL.

Conor easily... As stated by other's, gayweather is a piece of shit human being.

boxing Floyd and MMA Conor

This completely... we don't need a cross-sport champ-- that could threaten to destroy both sports for a while. MMA guy goes and beats pro-boxer and switches to boxing because UFC pays guys peanuts. Title-level fighter in unpopular boxing weight class gets superfight with standup-focused UFC champ after stuffing a takedown (or cockingly assuming they can outbox a boxer) and destroys him on the feet. Either case could cripple a sport for a while... last thing we need. I dig both.

I'd be rooting for Mayweather, unless he's dumb enough to try to grapple with Conor in an MMA match with 4oz gloves, ground and pound and elbows. That'd be a bad way to see him go out for any boxing fan that's not a Floyd hater. Standup only fight-- I dunno, I'd just want to see it. If this craziness is going to happen, they should go with something along the lines of K1 rules...

The one who isn't a woman beater obviously.

Mayweather. He actually defends his titles and is a GOAT tier fighter in his sport, not all smoking mirrors and manipulation like Conor.

Either case could cripple a sport for a while.
That is exactly what would happen if one beat the other in his respective sport. Its damaging to the reputation of the sport as a whole.

Mayweather by DQ when Connor throws a leg kick and shatters his knee.

But honestly, I hate Floyd, but i'd want him to win just so this nonsense will stop. And I love both boxing and MMA, along with about a half a dozen other sports. So.....

Floyd is a legitimate douchebag. Talks shit even to his training partners. He kicked Spence out of his gym because Spence fucked him up in sparring. He KOs people when they're trying to apologize. Beats women. Don't know how you can root for that.

As a fan of both fighters, and a fan of both sports, I would root for Floyd in boxing and Conor in MMA. Both sports need to maintain there credibility. You can't have a noob just walk in and do well against a pro.

Back