Who Would Win Between Curtis Blaydes and Stipe Miocic?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
With the recent announcement of Derrick Lewis vs. Alexander Volkov I think that this fight will be made next. I know that both feel like they are deserving of a title fight but DC will likely either sit out and wait for Lesnar or return for a light heavyweight fight in the meantime so he doesn't get stripped. I think the winner of this fight would be the undeniable number one contender in the division and would fight for the title next.

Blaydes is one of the best wrestlers in the division and has a chin from the gods. If he gets Stipe down repeatedly it could spell trouble. On the other hand Stipe has all the tools to beat Blaydes. Good takedown defense and the striking advantage to beat up Blaydes on the feet. I would give the advantage to Stipe but who knows who would win, both guys are very skilled.

I think that Blaydes' current contract is up and this would be a fight he could be convinced to take for the right money. It all just depends on if Stipe is onboard.

curtis-blaydes-alistair-overeem-ufc-225-5.jpg

ZjpeJWN.gif

too early for curtis

i think hes very good and a potential future champion, but hes been getting hit in his last few.

stipe had a brain fart in his last fight, but he will test that chin more than once if blaydes last few are any indication of whats to come. i dont think he'll squander the opportunity at another (T)KO win here.

Blaydes. If he was able to take down and KO the best striker in the Heavyweight division (Overeem) then I'm sure he can take down and KO Stipe who is also very chinny.

Blaydes. Stipe is about to be 36, coming off a bad KO loss. Blaydes is only 27 and hungry.

Stipe who is also very chinny.
lol, fuck, its true what they say about sherdog

guy gets KO'd one time and now hes chinny.

dude has eaten bombs his entire career in the HW division. one KO loss = suspect chin

genius

Blaydes. If he was able to take down and KO the best striker in the Heavyweight division (Overeem) then I'm sure he can take down and KO Stipe who is also very chinny.

Kind of weird to call him the best striker when he routinely gets clipped and KO'd.

I think UFC HW has good prospects that are not ready for top 5 time yet.
But the's no one to fill the top 5....

Miocic, DC.... then either you have old names on decline or unworthy ones...

Well... the way to help them is exactly allowing them to fight those guys.
So I am all for that. Because even on a loss, Curtis will grow.
And if he wins, well... it helps fill up those spots...

I think UFC HW has good prospects that are not ready for top 5 time yet.
But the's no one to fill the top 5....

Miocic, DC.... then either you have old names on decline or unworthy ones...

Well... the way to help them is exactly allowing them to fight those guys.
So I am all for that. Because even on a loss, Curtis will grow.
And if he wins, well... it helps fill up those spots...
i could see why you feel this way, especially with how young curtis is

not exactly a talent rich division though so it also makes sense to be more 'selective' with the matchmaking

i could see why you feel this way, especially with how young curtis is

not exactly a talent rich division though so it also makes sense to be more 'selective' with the matchmaking

That's the thing. I agree with you.
it is much like when they gave Francis the title shot.
I know he was deserving (after his win over AO), but I felt he was too green to fight for the belt yet.

So while Fighting Miocic is "the same thing", I reckon that just the fact he is not the champ anymore makes a difference.
At least in my head.... it should be less... overwhelming... I dunno...

Stipe kills him. Did we forget what he did to Ngannou, and what Ngannou did to Blaydes?

MMAmath isn't perfect, but I don't think Blaydes can win that one, not now. Maybe he could with more experience.

Stipe kills him. Did we forget what he did to Ngannou, and what Ngannou did to Blaydes?

MMAmath isn't perfect, but I don't think Blaydes can win that one, not now. Maybe he could with more experience.
To be fair, Stipe utilized a heavy wrestling gameplan against Ngannou. He can't do that to Blaydes.

I don't remember much of the Blaydes-Ngannou fight. I remember it being somewhat back and forth with Ngannou being a clear winner before the doctor's stoppage.

As for OP, Stipe would be my guess. I just feel like Blaydes is pretty green and that Stipe is gonna come out with something to prove.

Curtis is durable, with the wrestling and cardio needed.

Back