1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Who would win Barboza vs Dariush?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by legkicktko, Aug 10, 2015.

1. KhabibTheBeagle Silver Belt

When MJ came rushing in, he manoeuvred away quite nicely a few times, and dodged some big punches. I don't think that was solely due to the fear of the takedown.

2. ticho123 Black Belt

To be fair I havent seen his other fights so I might be wrong. The effect just struck me as quite stupid with him and Barboza both spinning around without really landing anything.

3. meast Green Belt

Lez find out

4. ErnestoRoost Brown Belt

I think Benny takes him down and wins, or beats him in a standup. Benny is very clever and adaptable.

5. funksoulbrother I'm the guy that drinks the beer

You best start believing in comas dariush you're in one

6. Dart Feld Steel Belt

What Barboza consistently struggles with is pressure with punching combinations. What Dariush has in the stand up is a solid jab and a nice body kick(against orthodox fighters). He's not really adept at putting together combinations(outside of ones ending with a body kick).

If he fought at range against Barboza he'd likely get chewed up. Beneil does have a world class ground game but it's hard to see how he'd implement it. Edson has stellar TDD(82%) and most of the TDs he's given up have only come after being stunned(Varner, Castillo). To pile onto the issues here, his TDs are really just average.

I see Barboza taking a comfortable decision.

Dariush is def. a good fighter and my feelings about the MJ dec. aside, he's developing nicely and is top 10 for sure. For this particular matchup he doesn't have the tools on paper. At the bare minimum he'd have to dramatically improve in using his level changes to set up big punches(which has worked on Edson in the past).

7. Drake Guest

Couldn't agree more.

8. Huligani Number One Bullshit

I think Barboza has the takedown defense to win this.

9. legkicktko Only the Strong Survive

Felder would eat Beneil in the striking. He is one of the better strikers in the division