Who would win Barboza vs Dariush?

Dariush was only hard to hit because of the threat of the takedown which kept Johnson at the very edge of punching range or further. It had nothing to do with Dariush's defensive skills because there really weren't any that he showed.
When MJ came rushing in, he manoeuvred away quite nicely a few times, and dodged some big punches. I don't think that was solely due to the fear of the takedown.

I have to disagree about Felder being a clown. He doesn't spin for effect. He went overly-fancy in his last fight, but those strikes are a real part of his game, too. See his Castillo KO.

If Beneil improves his wrestling and his TD feints, he will be much more dangerous. There are few guys in the division as good on the ground as he is. The only guy I can think of with more credentials, is Carlos Diego Ferriera, but Dariush beat him standing.

To be fair I havent seen his other fights so I might be wrong. The effect just struck me as quite stupid with him and Barboza both spinning around without really landing anything.

I think Benny takes him down and wins, or beats him in a standup. Benny is very clever and adaptable.

You best start believing in comas dariush you're in one

What Barboza consistently struggles with is pressure with punching combinations. What Dariush has in the stand up is a solid jab and a nice body kick(against orthodox fighters). He's not really adept at putting together combinations(outside of ones ending with a body kick).

If he fought at range against Barboza he'd likely get chewed up. Beneil does have a world class ground game but it's hard to see how he'd implement it. Edson has stellar TDD(82%) and most of the TDs he's given up have only come after being stunned(Varner, Castillo). To pile onto the issues here, his TDs are really just average.

I see Barboza taking a comfortable decision.

Dariush is def. a good fighter and my feelings about the MJ dec. aside, he's developing nicely and is top 10 for sure. For this particular matchup he doesn't have the tools on paper. At the bare minimum he'd have to dramatically improve in using his level changes to set up big punches(which has worked on Edson in the past).

Yeah. Despite all of the debate, performance wise, Dariush hung in there with a very talented due with dangerous hands. I admit, I thought he would get caught, but he was hard to hit out there. No matter what anybody scored the fight, Dariush's improvements are undeniable, and he adds an interesting flavour to the division.

Couldn't agree more.

I think Barboza has the takedown defense to win this.

Barboza's last fight didn't say much as the guy he was fighting fought like a total clown trying to get fancy with the spinning shit only to miss time and time again. Of course Barboza spins as well, but it's actually part of his game.

I don't know much about Dariush except from his last fight, but he might have more success with his takedowns against Barboza since seems worse at dictating the pace of the fight compared to MJ. Dariush looked good with his jab, but he needs to switch it up better, and start to use his strikes and takedown as feints. I was thinking last night that he could've landed mroe earlier if he faked the takedown instead of diving for it constatly when it really wasn't there.

Felder would eat Beneil in the striking. He is one of the better strikers in the division

Back