Who would win Barboza vs Dariush?

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
I think this fight makes perfect sense right now.

Who would win and why?

If Barboza can get past Dariush's jab he should win. Dariush has the best jab in the game.

Barboza is no picnic to take down. I think he wins a decision after battering the awkward Dariush's legs

Dariush split decision after landing a few jabs in the 3rd

I think this fight makes perfect sense right now.

Who would win and why?

Dariush needs to mix it up with any opponent he has next. His jab was looking excellent at the end of the Johnson fight but he needs to be more diverse - he barely threw his deadly kick to the body - probably because of the takedown threat of Johnson. At times he looked slow compared to Johnson, that worries me. Barboza is sooo fast with his kicks and his straight punches. Dariush is more diverse - especially with Cordiero as his head coach he should keep improving.

I would say Barbosa wins this fight, he's got full striking game to threaten with

Maybe we'll get to find out next. I think that fight makes sense. Would favor Edson but you can't count out Beneil.

Dariush needs to mix it up with any opponent he has next. His jab was looking excellent at the end of the Johnson fight but he needs to be more diverse - he barely threw his deadly kick to the body - probably because of the takedown threat of Johnson. At times he looked slow compared to Johnson, that worries me. Barboza is sooo fast with his kicks and his straight punches. Dariush is more diverse - especially with Cordiero as his head coach he should keep improving.

1) why would arguably one of the 3best grapplers in the division be worried about going to the mat?
2) Benny is fantastic on the mat, but how/where do you see him being a more "diverse" striker than barboza?

Dariush likely wasn't too afraid of getting taken down there, as he has a massive advantage there. I think it was because it works better against orthodox fighters, and MJ is a southpaw. His jab looked solid and accurate. Not the fastest hand speed, but he was landing. His defence looked good, as he managed to slip some good punches.

IMO, Dariush's best bet would be to catch one of Barboza's kicks and take him down. If he can hold him down, Dariush can get the sub, or tire Barboza out with top control. I like both dudes, so I wouldn't be upset with either winning.

Maybe we'll get to find out next. I think that fight makes sense. Would favor Edson but you can't count out Beneil.
Yeah. Despite all of the debate, performance wise, Dariush hung in there with a very talented due with dangerous hands. I admit, I thought he would get caught, but he was hard to hit out there. No matter what anybody scored the fight, Dariush's improvements are undeniable, and he adds an interesting flavour to the division.

Even if you somehow thought that Dariush beat Johnson fairly, Barboza would very likely win because he can strike Dariush from longer range than Johnson because he uses a lot of kicks yet he's still extremely hard to take down.

Johnson's main problem against Dariush is that all he uses to strike are his hands which means he has to get closer to Dariush in order to hit him and then of course when you're closer you have to worry more about the takedown which was why Johnson was swinging and missing a lot trying to balance the two.

Even if you somehow thought that Dariush beat Johnson fairly, Barboza would very likely win because he can strike Dariush from longer range than Johnson because he uses a lot of kicks yet he's still extremely hard to take down.

Johnson's main problem against Dariush is that all he uses to strike are his hands which means he has to get closer to Dariush in order to hit him and then of course when you're closer you have to worry more about the takedown which was why Johnson was swinging and missing a lot trying to balance the two.
Dariush doesn't have the bouncy footwork, so I think it would be easier for Barboza to land some nasty leg kicks. That is, unless Beneil adapts his style to combat this.

Barboza's last fight didn't say much as the guy he was fighting fought like a total clown trying to get fancy with the spinning shit only to miss time and time again. Of course Barboza spins as well, but it's actually part of his game.

I don't know much about Dariush except from his last fight, but he might have more success with his takedowns against Barboza since seems worse at dictating the pace of the fight compared to MJ. Dariush looked good with his jab, but he needs to switch it up better, and start to use his strikes and takedown as feints. I was thinking last night that he could've landed mroe earlier if he faked the takedown instead of diving for it constatly when it really wasn't there.

I admit, I thought he would get caught, but he was hard to hit out there.

Dariush was only hard to hit because of the threat of the takedown which kept Johnson at the very edge of punching range or further. It had nothing to do with Dariush's defensive skills because there really weren't any that he showed.

Barboza's last fight didn't say much as the guy he was fighting fought like a total clown trying to get fancy with the spinning shit only to miss time and time again. Of course Barboza spins as well, but it's actually part of his game.

I don't know much about Dariush except from his last fight, but he might have more success with his takedowns against Barboza since seems worse at dictating the pace of the fight compared to MJ. Dariush looked good with his jab, but he needs to switch it up better, and start to use his strikes and takedown as feints. I was thinking last night that he could've landed mroe earlier if he faked the takedown instead of diving for it constatly when it really wasn't there.
I have to disagree about Felder being a clown. He doesn't spin for effect. He went overly-fancy in his last fight, but those strikes are a real part of his game, too. See his Castillo KO.

If Beneil improves his wrestling and his TD feints, he will be much more dangerous. There are few guys in the division as good on the ground as he is. The only guy I can think of with more credentials, is Carlos Diego Ferriera, but Dariush beat him standing.

Back