Who would have won.

Would be a good fight and could go either way. If I had to bet prime vs. prime it would be Rich. I think he was the better all around fighter. He was chinny, but Bisping usually did not land those kind of shots on elite guys.

Definitely a shame this one did not happen. They were at different points in their careers. One tidbit is that Franklin's last fight at 185 (Lutter) and Bisping's first fight at 185 (McCarthy) were on the same card (UFC 83). After that it was 205 and Franklinweight for Rich.

http://rankingmma.com/ufc-rankings/middleweight/

I made sure to look at the list before I posted. With the exception of maybe Hall I think all of these guys would be favourites against Rich
I'll give you the top 3 for sure. Chris is a friend of a friend and is not a bad guy, but I think he's badly overrated. He was in the right place at the right time, IMO. Rockhold will torch him in November. I don't think Gastelum matches up very well against Rich but Jacare would be a nightmare. Rich's strength and ground game were underrated but Jacare is light years ahead on the ground. The other guys with the exception of Hall would also give Rich a tough time.

Good exchange, thanks for replying. As to the OP, I'd favor Rich, though I admit it may be because I like him more. Peace.

Back