Who would have won? Shogun or Wand?

Zlatan1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Pride Final Conlfict 2005: Before losing to Arona in the Semi-finals, Wand had a 17-1-1 (1) record in Pride. Shogun was undefeated at the time. Who would have won if they met in the Tournament Final?

I don't think that it would have been a real fight, it would've been a sparring session with Wand as the likely winner.

I think that Shogun was always the more complete fighter, with a better chin and superior ground game, so would i have have him as the the favorite, but 05 Wand was a dangerous fighter who could beat any LHW.

There's actually an article somewhere about Wanderlei talking about how he wanted a Pitbull puppy from Shogun, and Shogun asked him to pay for it and Wand said "OK, we'll box for it, if you win, I pay, if I win, I get it for free".

How did it end? lets just say that Wanderlei didn't have to pay for the puppy.

I believe there's a thread, or maybe a couple threads about it on here and there's some links on Google.

There's actually an article somewhere about Wanderlei talking about how he wanted a Pitbull puppy from Shogun, and Shogun asked him to pay for it and Wand said "OK, we'll box for it, if you win, I pay, if I win, I get it for free".

Wand won.

Eduardo Alonso denied the truth of that story here on Sherdog. Who knows though.

How did it end? lets just say that Wanderlei didn't have to pay for the puppy.

I believe there's a thread, or maybe a couple threads about it on here and there's some links on Google.

I know that story, but I think it was before 2005, when Shogun was even younger and Wand even more of a beast.

if it was during the 05 tournament, shogun would have won. i honestly dont think anyone could have beat shogun during his tournament run

Who knows about the pitbull story.

They have both stuck by it, and even though their stories differ, Shogun still says Wand and Ninja are the only two people he would never fight.

2005 Shogun was unbeatable at LHW imo.

Shogun, he was a fucking machine in pride.

I know that story, but I think it was before 2005, when Shogun was even younger and Wand even more of a beast.

I always felt Shogun would have the upper hand on Wanderlei, watching their sparring sessions it looked like Shogun was the better fighter, and I know you aren't supposed to judge how a fight would go based off two guys sparring, but we all know how those Chute Boxe guys would roll right?

Eduardo Alonso denied the truth of that story here on Sherdog. Who knows though.

Yeah, I was a little iffy about it as well at first, it still doesn't have any proof behind it and I've never heard Shogun talk about it, only Wanderlei, but I wouldn't expect Wanderlei to lie about it really. As you said, who knows.

I'd say Shogun but that would have been an insane fight back then. Now if it were 2003 Wand against '05 shogun, jeez,

if it was during the 05 tournament, shogun would have won. i honestly dont think anyone could have beat shogun during his tournament run

If it was during the 03 tournament, Wand would have won.

It would have been fucking awesome to have seen 03 Wand vs. 05 Shogun.

The world would probably have imploded.

It's different, though.

Wand started several years earlier than Shogun, so we wouldn't get either guy at their peaks.

By the time Shogun became a comet on the scene, Wand was on the decline.

Any version of Mauricio Shogun Rua beats any version of Wanderlei Silva.

At the time, I felt like Shogun would have likely taken it.

Any version of Mauricio Shogun Rua beats any version of Wanderlei Silva.

Ignorance if ever I heard it.

So Shogun in Shogun Coleman II would beat Wand in Wand Rampage II?

Back