Who would have won? Shogun or Wand?

My two favorite fighters but I think Shogun would of won, just purely based off of having a better chin.

Shogun is far better fighter and always has been, but Wand would have won.

Shogun himself has said that the pitbull story was not true in an interview.

Shogun without a doubt he was a monster, im a wanderlei fan too but shogun was a beast in 2005 Pride GP

the s hogun that koed machida was the most complete shogun.

Its a shame that injuries have really hurt his career

I'd say both have advanatges, the 2008/9 Shogun was a better technical striker but the 2005/06 version was physically more gifted(faster, stronger, better cardio).

I'd say both have advanatges, the 2008/9 Shogun was a better technical striker but the 2005/06 version was physically more gifted(faster, stronger, better cardio).

This. Shogun never reached his prime, the tactically and techinically superior version of him in 08/09 should have had the cardio of 05 Shogun. That fighter would have been a monster.

If it was during the 03 tournament, Wand would have won.

It would have been fucking awesome to have seen 03 Wand vs. 05 Shogun.

The world would probably have imploded.

It's different, though.

Wand started several years earlier than Shogun, so we wouldn't get either guy at their peaks.

By the time Shogun became a comet on the scene, Wand was on the decline.
Because Wand was a much different fighter in 03 than 05? People twist Wand's career to make him seem like he was unbeatable. He loses to Tito, but people write that off, despite him beating Hendo, Sakuraba, and Mezger within a year of that. Then he loses to Arona in the same fashion he lost to Tito, and people want to write it off as Wand being on the decline.

I'd pick Shogun. I love them both so, so much, but can admit that Shogun is the more complete fighter. Obviously the two know each other so well, neither man would easily find an edge. Thus, the one who has more ways to win, if ever so slightly, is the smart pick to get the w. Shogun.

Because Wand was a much different fighter in 03 than 05? People twist Wand's career to make him seem like he was unbeatable. He loses to Tito, but people write that off, despite him beating Hendo, Sakuraba, and Mezger within a year of that. Then he loses to Arona in the same fashion he lost to Tito, and people want to write it off as Wand being on the decline.

Yes, he was a different fighter.

The Tito loss was negligible. If you saw the fight, My God was it boring. That was ultimate LNP.

People write it off because it was just so boring to watch. No ref in their right mind would have allowed that fight to go the way it did. Tito had almost no GNP and just layed there.

The Arona fight was stood up when it got boring, and Wand even got revenge in the next fight.

The decline happened when he had a gun shy period in Pride. He didn't go in a complete berserker but was hesitant.

It showed he didn't have the same confidence, and it cost him. He received some KO's or losses and it showed he wasn't the same, which is the definition of a decline from his Pride prime.

Pride Final Conlfict 2005: Before losing to Arona in the Semi-finals, Wand had a 17-1-1 (1) record in Pride. Shogun was undefeated at the time. Who would have won if they met in the Tournament Final?

Shogun said he would have conceited the fight to his best friend Wanderlai, but I believe if they had fought Shogun would have beat him.

Yes, he was a different fighter.

The Tito loss was negligible. If you saw the fight, My God was it boring. That was ultimate LNP.

People write it off because it was just so boring to watch. No ref in their right mind would have allowed that fight to go the way it did. Tito had almost no GNP and just layed there.

The Arona fight was stood up when it got boring, and Wand even got revenge in the next fight.

The decline happened when he had a gun shy period in Pride. He didn't go in a complete berserker but was hesitant.

It showed he didn't have the same confidence, and it cost him. He received some KO's or losses and it showed he wasn't the same, which is the definition of a decline from his Pride prime.
He was gun shy against Arona because he knew Arona would take him down and keep him on his back. Wand was his old self against Nakamura, Fujita, and even Hendo in that same time frame.

Tough one to call, but I would've given the slight advantage to Silva.

Back