Who would be a worst match up for Khabib Oliveira or Chandler ?

I think on paper Charles has a better chance right now if they fought than Chandler I think Chandler has a puncher's chance. That's it.
Ok, name one fighter then did well off his back with Khabib?

Ok, name one fighter then did well off his back with Khabib?
I can't name one but I can't name one with Oliveira's accolades either. I think Oliveira's has a better chance than Chandler. Chandler gotta knock khabib out.

Charles can try to submit him, longer.

I don't think any of them win but I think oliveira has the better chance

I can't name one but I can't name one with Oliveira's accolades either. I think Oliveira's has a better chance than Chandler. Chandler gotta knock khabib out.

Charles can try to submit him, longer.

I don't think any of them win but I think oliveira has the better chance
Your join date speaks volume of your knowledge of MMA. Nobody has done shit off there back with Khabib. The only way you are beating Khabib on the grouns is top position. And Charles would never achieve that. I am not saying Chandler could, but he has the best chance of the two.

Your join date speaks volume of your knowledge of MMA. Nobody has done shit off there back with Khabib. The only way you are beating Khabib on the grouns is top position. And Charles would never achieve that. I am not saying Chandler could, but he has the best chance of the two.
Agree to disagree, no problem. Both are getting mauled anyway

Olivera is the only one in the top 10 whos got a solid chance of beating khabib period...

As good as it gets bjj subs and being in his back..

Way better striking and tdd and hard pressure with a great way of fighting closing distance vs chain wrestlers. Imo he wins that one too.

Chandler would get controlled and taken down and raped for 5 rounds

See, im not so bad to compromise with.
Lol.

For me is I saw what Eddie did to Chandler and Eddie is not as fast as khabib. Eddie squeaked out a win against Chandler. I don't think Chandler has the gas tank to defend wrestling takedowns like he's Tyron Woodley. Even though that's what he grew up doing, now he has to strike and he throws hard. Throwing while you're already fatigued will gas you out more

Where as Charles is comfortable on the ground, when he was taken down by lee, he didn't use a lot of energy even with those scrambles. He's tricky to get away from. Paul Felder even though he tko'd oli, he still had to go through the web before he did

But as I said in the past, they both get smashed. Chandler will be tired by the end of the first round. He will be too gassed to defend takedowns and also throw

Charles Oliveira, khabib will stay in his half guard and will not move and begin to reign strikes. Charles is not stronger than khabib so I doubt he's going to move him off if khabib doesn't want to be moved off.

I think Chandler would probably have the best chance. That said, I don't know much about his bottom game.

I have to think it would depend on who hit top position first. We have seen Khabib be extremely effective from guard, but I know nothing of Chandler's game.

I do think Chandler could put Khabib out.
Tbh if gaethje couldn’t get it done noone in LW can

Chandler I see goes almost the same way the MJ fight did. Khabib takes him down and just works him over for an entire fight without ever really being threatened by Chandler.

Oliveria is interesting. His naturally unorthodox tendency to sacrifice position for submission and his dangerous submission repertoire could surprise Khabib when he least expects it during the middle of a fight.

I can see Khabib dominating Oliveria for 3 rounds then getting caught by a bicep slicer during a scramble and tapping.

We have seen Khabib vs opponent with K.O power. I will go with Oliveira.

Tbh if gaethje couldn’t get it done noone in LW can
Hell no. Gaethje is 5-3 in the UFC. All the hype about his D1 wrestling was just hype and his ground game is the equivalent of Askren's striking.

Gaethje was the guy we all thought he was after he lost to Porier. Fun, exciting fighter that will never be champ. He overachieved by falling into the interim title and beating Tony.

Poirier had a decent choke on Khabib... Charles might finish.

In hindsight it's crazy how close Poirier was to getting that.

There was a Gracie breakdown on it, he just had to switch to an Anaconda when Khabib rolled over. But yeah, easier said than done in that situation.

Please - khabib runs through chandler....not much of a fight. 2021 do bronx is an interesting fight and although I think khabib wins, Charlie gives him the most things to worry about. I'm fairly certain Oliveria going to beat Mike but I want to see how he looks in doing so.

Oliveria is a totally different fighter from 16' , 17'. Chandler's over confidence is coming off Dan Hooker. I've been here before - a recipe for disaster. Chandler proves me wrong, I'll tip my hat .

Charlo wins and makes it look easy - maybe....just maybe , khabib comes back for 30 ( not likely but even he would admit at this point that Oliveria would be a test .Hes already talked up bronx so you never know)

Both would be arguably his toughest challenge

who has a better chance and why?
Neither would pose a threat, but Chandler would be harder to take down and finish, because he's not a heartlet who folds like a lawn-chair when the going gets tough and doesn't get tapped by cans.

Chandler has the best bet to keep it standing and cause significant issues on the feet. Oliveira would probably have no answer for the takedown.

Khabib nobody unbeatle fighter.

Oliveira probably islam can take him down and stuff oliveiras takedowns.

Chandler: gaethje, hard hitter who can take a shot and can stop chandlers panic wrestling
I think you read the OP wrong.

Both would be arguably his toughest challenge

who has a better chance and why?

It would have been fun to see someone put the GREAT Khabib on his back.... The way Olivera put Tony on his back again and again, along with they way Charles can scramble sure would make a fun fight... Damn fun.

Or possibly more likely, Khabib takes either one of them down and does what he does.

I think Chandler would have nothing for Khabib outside of a first round blitz, rolling his dice once, early and hard.

Charles would have gotten the tap if he had a guillotine like DP had on Khabib

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back