Who wins between DC & Weidman?

Ar145984

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Daniel Cormier vs Chris Weidman, who wins this fight?

Both have solid wrestling
both have great chins
both have KO power
D.C seems to have better grinding out ability.
CW seems to have better striking.

way too much of a size difference. DC ragdolls Weidman all night long.

I'd love to see Weidman choke out DC. But I think DC would win by size and strength.

Striking = Chris
Wrestling Offense = DC
Wrestling Defense = Chris
Jujitsu = Chris
Clinch = Chris

Chris out wrestled Bader and Davis back in the day, both of whom make Cain look weak in comparison to size, so I think DC would have his hands full and likely get subbed.

Hyperbole much?

DC is very small for HW and small for LHW. He doesn't ragdoll people with size advantage, unless if you're talking about Dan Henderson. There is no size advantage here.

As for the fight, who knows. Weidman needs a couple more fights against the upper echelons at MW before we have a good idea of exactly what he is and isn't capable of. He's never been tested against a top wrestler who transitioned well into MMA (i.e. Munoz doesn't count).

Imagine what Bones Jones would do if he can out wrestle DC...scary to think how good this guy is

Striking = Chris
Wrestling Offense = DC
Jujitsu = Chris
Clinch = Chris

Chris out wrestled Bader and Davis back in the day, both of whom make Cain look weak in comparison to size, so I think DC would have his hands full and likely get subbed.

What are you trying to say here, exactly?

Hyperbole much?

DC is very small for HW and small for LHW. He doesn't ragdoll people with size advantage, unless if you're talking about Dan Henderson. There is no size advantage here.

As for the fight, who knows. Weidman needs a couple more fights against the upper echelons at MW before we have a good idea of exactly what he is and isn't capable of. He's never been tested against a top wrestler who transitioned well into MMA (i.e. Munoz doesn't count).

2wifqty.gif

The Weidman nutriding is out of control here.

The guy's good, but so far he's beat a 40 year old champ for the belt, a Vitor that's pushing 40 and is off TRT, and Machida who Rockhold and Romero beat much more convincingly.

Size matters, and DC would toss him around and probably outstrike him on the feet too. Jones would step on him.

Hyperbole much?

he fights at HW without a problem. that's not 1 weight class above MW, it's two.

DC outwrestles everyone not named jon jones. and he ragdolls guys like hendo, who... was another wrestler who also fought at MW. not sure where you find the hyperbole in there.

Is this really even a debate? At 205? Dc smashes him like donkey kong

Striking = Chris
Wrestling Offense = DC
Jujitsu = Chris
Clinch = Chris

I know this is MMA Math but here's a simple test. Do you think Weidman does as well against Jon Jones as DC?

I'll take Chris. I'm guessing muscle mass wise they are about the same size and strength. DC has a ridiculously strong core and technique though. Chris is just better all around IMO with striking and on the mat grappling (submissions).

Back