• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will you root for to win between Jon Jones and Stipe Miocic on November 11?

Who would you like to win that fight?

Who will you be supporting?

F0eE_sOaYAAoIFK.jpg:large

Rooting for the fire fighting family man who doesn't headbutt cop cars, fail tests, hit pregnant women in cars and hide under cages.
And also, not the guy that has some of the worst fanbase in the sport, a guy who shuts down reporters like an entitled impolite kid (I still can't get over when he shut down the Swedish reported that kinda even look like his fiancee in his press conference with Gus), and the guy who calls officers "Crackers" and not the guy who lacks maturity as well as most of his fans, not the guy who keep trolling the fighters and kicks down others when they lose, and not an insecure guy who kept bragging a lot about when Khabib was Put No. 1 p4p fighter (yes it's true Jon is better than Khabib but it was cause Jon had no belt back then and hasn't fought for 8 months which is quite a while), and a guy who says he believes in God but does antics that make him look Infidel, and lastly, not the guy who take people's kindness for weakness, that's why DC doesn't be fond towards Jon and he better be cause if DC became friends with Jon, Jon will take it for weakness and he'll scheme to keep stirring DC up.

But either way, let the better man win, that's all I can say after that.

Last edited:
One of the things I like about Jones is how much he seemingly cares about his legacy beyond the money and mainstream fame. Like when he recently faced of Francis at that PFL event and told him to his face that he'll "always be the king" with conviction, or how he gets into arguments with fans or others about why he's the GOAT(ha). You can tell he gives a shit about this nerd stuff. A lot of fighters dont care all that much about how they'll be remembered but Jones really does.

Most fighters don't care that much because they don't have that GOAT level of legacy.

GSP and Khabib absolutely cared and thats why they retired fairly young with their legacies intact, Jones has that same mindset.

brablathiblabib i mean stipe. But Jones should win this with ease. Stipe will be 41!!! years old and 2,5 years without a fight.

What a shitshow. I can't believe they really went for this. This is all, atleast in my opinion, just to let Jon in retirement claim that he not just won the belt but he also defended it. Against the GOAT HW in Stipe as media and suckers make him out to be. My sodium levels are rising while I'm typing this. I admit being salty af right now. Of course I will still watch, though. F me.

What a shitshow. I can't believe they really went for this. This is all, atleast in my opinion, just to let Jon in retirement claim that he not just won the belt but he also defended it. Against the GOAT HW in Stipe as media and suckers make him out to be. My sodium levels are rising while I'm typing this. I admit being salty af right now. Of course I will still watch, though. F me.
Would you like to see Jones get knocked out?

Would you like to see Jones get knocked out?

Not at all. It's not about that. I wouldn't consider myself neither a fan nor a hater of him. I enjoy watching him fight because he's special, regardless if you like him or not - but still I wouldn't go so far as calling myself a fan of him. This fight against Stipe wouldn't upset me as much as it actually does if I knew he would keep fighting after this one, but I sincerely believe he's going to retire.

Rooting for Jones to close out on a finish. Finish by Stipe would also be awesome. Anything but a fuckin boring decision.

Definitely rooting for Stipe. Not very optimistic about his chances at this stage of his career though. Just hoping he has been able to heal up whatever needed to heal up and and still get in a shape somewhere close to his old self.

I'm a fan of both fighters, but have far more respect for Stipe as a very solid person vs. Jones who is my #1 GOAT MMA fighter with some very questionable behavior / actions over the years. I think Jones wins this fight and relatively easy as Father Time is undefeated. Stipe is 40 years old (41 in August) with some serious wear and tear in the later part of his career: Cormier eye pokes, Cormier KO and Ngannou KO. Stipe does have a chance given that he has a wrestling background and has the potential to keep the fight standing where he might land something good. Stipe has very good stand-up, but he has to win at least 3 rounds or get a finish to win. I doubt Stipe will be able to win any rounds due to wrestling / grappling advantage. So Stipe has to get this win entirely based upon his stand-up results. I would definitely try and work the body against Jones to wear him down and then land a big kick or punch to the head when Jones drops his hands to protect the midsection. I personally think Jones is too good to win only 2 rounds or less or get finished.

I hope Stipe still has a full tank and this isn't just a last pay day money grab as I would hate to see him get hurt again like he did vs. Ngannou. This isn't tennis or basketball where you get beat, shower and look fresh as a daisy afterwards. Fighting past your prime can be brutal, see Chuck Liddell, BJ Penn, etc.

Rooting for Miocic.
A victory here will move him up quite a bit in the ranks of greatest.

It's the biggest fight they could've made.

Even though Pav is more dangerous Stipe is more well known and looks better on Jones record.

I think five years ago I probably would've leaned towards Stipe taking this one but at 41 years old coming off the Ngannou KO and a lot of inactivity I gotta go with Jones.

Back