Who will win if Ronda/Holly just stand and trade?

I think Ronda will trade with Holm and only take it to the ground if she feels like she is losing the trade.

I don't think that Ronda needs to be worried about Holly's hands, but she is stupid if she doesn't prepare to defend the head kicks though. Holly only has a "kickers chance" IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if the fight stays on the feet longer than usual before the first TD and by that I mean 30 seconds or so. However, I think Ronda will take Holly down eventually, unless she manages to KO Holly, just out of habit even if Ronda is clearly whooping Holly on the feet.

We saw it somewhat with Bethe when Ronda went for a TD even though she was clearly winning but then caught herself and remained standing.

Holm wins by TKO if it was a kickboxing match. Ronda has crap striking and folds when she gets hit. She is the female Brock.

Ronda. Holm has limited power and fights like a sparring match. Ronda has nasty power and relentless pressure.

Ronda isn't stupid, nor can she control herself. She'll clinch as soon as she's hurt, by pure instinct if nothing else.

Ronda isn't stupid, nor can she control herself. She'll clinch as soon as she's hurt, by pure instinct if nothing else.

Too bad Holm can't hurt a fly with her pillowfists.

A well timed punch doesn't have to be strong, unless you care to believe Nick Diaz is the strongest puncher Robbie Lawler has ever fought

Lol @ comparing Diaz to Holm.

Ronda is going to trade sure, but not at boxing distance... she is going to grab that bitch faster than shit and not let go, she is going to punch her in the face without letting go and if that doesnt do it she is going to take her down faster than shit again, to arm bar the shit out of her. That probably is going to take less than 60 seconds... the end

IF Ronda keeps it standing then she'll likely get the win, only because Holly isn't really a good striker.

Most WMMA fighters have the training mindset of a five year old girl; mostly this seems the case with the 135 pound women, which is really bad because Ronda train with men and against men. This means Ronda isn't necessarily better, but she gets a higher quality training partner and a better camp than her opponents - she simply has more motivation to perfect her abilities.

Now the 115 pound women are just mind bogglingly superior mixed martial artists; they train like hell and rarely look bad, if anything I'd say they are better for the sport and deserve more attention than a brat who keeps jumping back and forth in the media.

IF Ronda keeps it standing then she'll likely get the win, only because Holly isn't really a good striker.

Most WMMA fighters have the training mindset of a five year old girl; mostly this seems the case with the 135 pound women, which is really bad because Ronda train with men and against men. This means Ronda isn't necessarily better, but she gets a higher quality training partner and a better camp than her opponents - she simply has more motivation to perfect her abilities.

Now the 115 pound women are just mind bogglingly superior mixed martial artists; they train like hell and rarely look bad, if anything I'd say they are better for the sport and deserve more attention than a brat who keeps jumping back and forth in the media.

No, just no. Holm trains at Jackson's MMA, a very strong camp. She is a good striker and Ronda is not.

Ronda is going to win by armbar though if Holm tdd isn't incredible

I have a feeling Ronda is going to stand with her the whole time I think she wants to prove a point that she's not just the best grappler in the Division but also the best striker.

The BEST STRIKER really? Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! You've been suckered in by the UFC HYPE MACHINE!

Here's Holly Holms professional boxing record.
Total 38
Wins 33
KO's 9
Losses 2
Losses by knockout 2
Draws 3

So you see Holly Holm is no killer on the feet. She only has 9 KO's in her professional boxing career. She's being hyped as having the best hands. What a crock of shit.

Okay parrot.

Claudia Gadelha should have just fought at 135 and destroyed everyone including Ronda then if 115ers are so superior, she walks around at almost the same weight as Tate after all.

Oh and I wonder why 5'7 Valerie Letourneau dropped from BW to SW if the competition at SW is so, so much stronger.

Ronda wins this within 1 minute by either KO or sub whichever she feels like doing. Holm is no threat even on the feet to Ronda anyone who thinks otherwise is completely delusional. Also has anyone even heard of any of the names that holm has boxed even though she's world class without using boxrec or what not?

Ronda fights like a brawler and Holm is the technical striker. Ronda puts waaay too much pressure for Holm to keep distance and out strike Ronda.

The person who is going to beat Ronda has to be an excellent counter striker or bring as much if not more pressure than her without being judo thrown.

Ronda will take the fight to the ground the first chance she gets which will be in the first few seconds because Holm is not ready for the fight and hasn't been in the UFC for very long and that's why they want her to fight Ronda so quick.

Depends on how the pace is set.

If Holm can dictate the pace of course, but that's the problem.

No one dictates the pace against Rousey, you have to dictate the pace against her. If Holm can find a way to control the pace, I could see her giving Rousey quite a few problems standing.

If Holm cannot dictate the pace standing, good possibility is that she is going to get cornered and WanderleiSilva brawled into submission.

Obviously if they just stand and trade punches Holly will pick Ronda apart and win a decision. But Ronda's not stupid and Holly doesn't hit terribly hard (at least she hasn't in the UFC so far). Call me crazy but I think Ronda has more raw power and Holly has better technique to keep the distance where she wants it.

However it won't be standup only. Ronda would be stupid not to take her down and submit her quickly to keep her under 1 minute streak going.

this is just wrong. Ronda will KO her in the first. Their striking isn't even close at this point. Ronda has a massive advantage on the feet. Holm's technique advantage is dwarfed by Ronda's athletism and power.

No, just no. Holm trains at Jackson's MMA, a very strong camp. She is a good striker and Ronda is not.

Ronda is going to win by armbar though if Holm tdd isn't incredible

LOL, you are right Ronda isn't a good striker. She is an absolute killer, dominant striker. At this point, she is more dominant of a striker than Joanna J. No else in WMMA is remotely close to her as a striker.

Back