Who will Gus face in Sweden in Jan/Feb?

Predictions of cards are useless. Let's just wait until they're actually announced.

Not alot of faith in Mousasi in here... guy was the next Fedor on sherdog prior to signing with the UFC.

Well, he's had problems with guys taking him down. :| Who knows how Carmont would do, he likes to wall and stall a lot/lay and pray etc etc. haha

Well, he's had problems with guys taking him down. :| Who knows how Carmont would do, he likes to wall and stall a lot/lay and pray etc etc. haha

Not really... just King Mo, who can take most of the top 10 LHWs down.

Isn't Mousasi 85 now?

I think a Davis rematch would be proper.

Probably Rashad

Win or lose against Chael, the fight makes sense

Rashad wins - They can bill it as two guys fighting for another shot at Jones

Rashad loses - Same thing

Not sure who will face Gus, but they're gonna get knocked out.

Is Machida going to MW, I mean is it official?

Gus would slap Lil nog around and make it look easy.

The Davis fight makes the most sense. I think Davis would win again.

The Davis fight makes the most sense. I think Davis would win again.

so they train together... and they should rematch?

why even go there?

gusto/lil nog makes a ton of sense

After nearly beating the champ, I don't think there is any way in hell he isn't going to get a top 10 LHW (barring injury)... even as an injury replacement I could only see them filling it with Mousasi or maybe Manuwa if he KOs Jimmo... but crazier things have happened.

Why would they give him a top 10 LHW? If the goal is Gus vs Jones down the road, they're not going to (nor should you either) risk that with a competent LHW. Especially when Gus will sell this bitch out without a A level opponent.

Siver is fighting in December... and Akira on Nov 30... prob won't be ready.

You can replace Siver with pretty much any top 20 FW if need be though. He's not the important part to the mix there, it's Akira whose the "name" in this one. Akira should be ready by late Jan, although given his history---I doooubt it.

Usually don't see alot of American vs American matchups on foreign cards either (Alves*-Ellenberger/Vera-Mitrione)...

(*lives, trains, and talks American)]

This is probbaly true true. If so, I'd rework it so that it's Tarec vs Ellenberger and Alves vs Kampmann. I just figure the Nordic dudes have some draw appeal to em.

I'm just being a realist.

If Davis of all people subbed Gus, then Nog would have no probs.

Does the realist in you also say that Gus hasn't improved his BJJ in 4 years?

Lil Nog fight. Besides Davis and Glover Lil Nog is the only contender Jones hasn't beaten yet.

If fight Gus vs lil Nog is announced i bet lil Nog will pull out 3 weeks before the fight

Does the realist in you also say that Gus hasn't improved his BJJ in 4 years?
He may of improved a little.
Not enough to be anywhere near Lil Nog's level though.

Back