Who will Gus face in Sweden in Jan/Feb?

Lil Nog vs Brillz was a robery anybady can see that. And if Gus vs Lil Nog is announced Gus will beat the shit out of him butr like i said if fight is announced Lil Nog will pull out like he always does

He may of improved a little.
Not enough to be anywhere near Lil Nog's level though.

He has improved a lot. Sub by Nog is a highly unlikely end to that fight should it ever happen. I like the Nog's and hate to count either of them out, but Gus is on a whole other level right now.

too bad tyrone spong is still unproven, imagine how sick a fight that might be?

Gustafsson is hittable and Hendo packs a ridiculous amount of power. It isn't crazy to think that Hendo could knock him out.

Everyone is hittable, of course.

Just a shame henderson has appeared slower than ever in his last two outings and still has to deal with belfort.

Hendo has fought Fedor, Nogs, Anderson, Rampage, Shogun, Wand, Vitor, Machida, etc., but yeah, Gus will KO him. :rolleyes:

Keyword highlighted. Gus boxing skills and reach will be devastating considering Hendo moving like Frankenstein.

Last edited:
Gus owes Mousasi one. But too bad Mous a moving down. This would still be a sick fight though.

Why would they give him a top 10 LHW? If the goal is Gus vs Jones down the road, they're not going to (nor should you either) risk that with a competent LHW. Especially when Gus will sell this bitch out without a A level opponent.

Once they reach the title level they don't get easy opponents any more... Perfect example is Rashad (T. Silva, Rampage, Tito after Bader upset, Davis, Lil Nog, Hendo)

TS, that card is way too good - bear in mind there are other caards around then that need good fights.

My guess:

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Lil Nogueira (MAIN EVENT)

MAIN CARD
Martin Kampmann vs. Erick Silva (DHK will beat him next week) or Tarec Saffiedine (CO-MAIN EVENT)
Gunnar Nelson vs. John Hathaway
Piotr Hallmann vs. Anthony Njokuani
+ 1 more fight

PRELIMS

Fights like:

Ilir Latifi vs. Gian Villante
Magnus Cedenblad vs. Trevor Smith
and a few newcomers against guys fighting to stay in the UFC.

Last Sweden card had Gus vs Mousasi as main event until injury...and also Kampmann vs Saffiedine but didn't work out due to injury. Are you the guy always complaining about lack of depth on the cards? Look at ever card til the end of the year brah.

No, sir. UFC Sweden 1 had Brian Stann v Alessio Sakkara as main event. I just doubt that The UFC is going to invest more money than necessary when they already have a main attraction.

No, sir. UFC Sweden 1 had Brian Stann v Alessio Sakkara as main event. I just doubt that The UFC is going to invest more money than necessary when they already have a main attraction.

Actually it was headlined by Gus vs Thiago Silva... did you even watch it? And the first Sweden card is comparably stacked to the one I predicted.

UFC on FUEL TV 2 in Sweden (4/14/2012)
Alexander Gustafsson def. Thiago Silva
Brian Stann def. Alessio Sakara
Siyar Bahadurzada def. Paulo Thiago
Dennis Siver def. Diego Nunes
John Maguire def. DaMarques Johnson
Brad Pickett def. Damacio Page
James Head def. Papy Abedi
Cyrille Diabate def. Tom DeBlass
Francis Carmont def. Magnus Cedenblad
Reza Madadi def. Yoislandy Izquierdo
Simeon Thoresen def. Besam Yousef
Jason Young def. Eric Wisely

UFC on FUEL TV 9 in Sweden (4/6/2013)
Gegard Mousasi def. Ilir Latifi (Started as Gustafsson vs Mousasi)
Ross Pearson def. Ryan Couture
Matt Mitrione def. Philip De Fries
Brad Pickett def. Mike Easton
Diego Brandao def. Pablo Garza
Akira Corassani def. Robert Peralta
Reza Madadi def. Michael Johnson
Tor Troeng def. Adam Cella
Adlan Amagov def. Chris Spang
Conor McGregor def. Marcus Brimage
Ryan LaFlare def. Ben Alloway
Tom Lawlor def. Michael Kuiper
Papy Abedi def. Besam Yousef

Call me crazy but i want to see him fight belfort. Nog is just a waste of time for gus at this point and belfort would offer a more competitve fight. Not to mention it would be a brawl

Call me crazy but i want to see him fight belfort. Nog is just a waste of time for gus at this point and belfort would offer a more competitve fight. Not to mention it would be a brawl

As much as I'd like to see that, Weidman will need a challenger in April should he beat Anderson in the rematch. Jacare and Carmont aren't quite there yet and Chael will probably be fighting Wand.

Hendo will knock his ass out after he tools on vitor

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Keyword highlighted. Gus boxing skills and reach will be devastating considering Hendo moving like Frankenstein.
I'd definitely favor Gus in a 5-rounder, but in a 3-round fight I could easily see Hendo taking it. Gus doesn't have the type of power Hendo would worry about, and he's not as elusive as Machida.

Back