Who was more alpha? Michael Jordan or Muhammad Ali

More alpha?

• Jordan

• Ali

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ali dominated the greatest era of heavyweight boxing, Jordan dominated the most competitive era of the NBA.

Ali was more alpha because he fought guys like Frasier and Foreman and Jordan threw a ball at a hoop.
Lol. The 90s were the expansion era and was a water down talent deprived era.

Did I say that specifically? Can you read or digest any information anyone else throws your way or are you one of those mid west dumbos who's stuck in his own little bubble and refuses to acknowledge anything else?

You don't have to say it specifically. You said it generally with how you define alpha behavior. You think whoever is the physically tougher man in the room is more alpha. I think it has more to do with personality and how you carry yourself in the face of opposition. We'll have to agree to disagree, unless you want to change your stance.

I got serious what year is it vibes with dudes coming in defending the fucking Vietnam War. The general consensus is that war was completely pointless and is a stain on our nation's history. Ali is flawed, everyone is flawed, but he had big moments in his life when he was willing to face adversity defending his moral principles. Jordan has no such moments.

I'm a Jordan fan but he was never inspiring as a man, just as an athlete.

Agreed. The worst casualties since the First(Spoiler Alert!;))Civil War.

Joking aside, think about that for a moment: more American soldiers died in Vietnam than in the European and Pacific Theatres during WWII. And all for nothing. Vietnam fell and the world shrugged and moved on. It wasn't the First Domino. It didn't cause every other country in South East Asia to turn Communist. It was never an existential threat to the US in the way the Nazis and Japanese were. It was brutal, sordid little war, fought for the most part by boys from poor neighbourhoods who had no chance of avoiding the Draft. And the ones who survived returned home and found themselves regarded as an embarrassment at best, war criminals at worst.

Ali had every right to tell the US Army to go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.

I say Jordan because the dude just have the champion drive. Dude didn’t give a shit who he pissed off. Just wanted to win. Cucks like Lebron today just bitching on twitter about politics.

I mean Ali fights and if were talking about Alpha that's as Alpha as it gets. If you see Jordan and Ali in their primes walking into a bar. Who do you think is going to get put in their place if either one of them disrespects the other?

Ran away from the draft because Islam is peaceful.
Ran away from the draft because he was a chicken shit. Complained about America and then never left and had no trouble getting paid in American cash money. He's a goddamn fraud.

Ran away from the draft because he was a chicken shit. Complained about America and then never left and had no trouble getting paid in American cash money. He's a goddamn fraud.

Murica?

Agreed. The worst casualties since the First(Spoiler Alert!;))Civil War.

Joking aside, think about that for a moment: more American soldiers died in Vietnam than in the European and Pacific Theatres during WWII. And all for nothing. Vietnam fell and the world shrugged and moved on. It wasn't the First Domino. It didn't cause every other country in South East Asia to turn Communist. It was never an existential threat to the US in the way the Nazis and Japanese were. It was brutal, sordid little war, fought for the most part by boys from poor neighbourhoods who had no chance of avoiding the Draft. And the ones who survived returned home and found themselves regarded as an embarrassment at best, war criminals at worst.

Ali had every right to tell the US Army to go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut.
Between the casualties, untreated PTSD and other mental issues, and the civil strife, that war decimated an entire generation of American men.

And as you said, for no real gain.

Between the casualties, untreated PTSD and other mental issues, and the civil strife, that war decimated an entire generation of American men.

And as you said, for no real gain.

Well, apart from the Military - Industrial Complex. Pretty sure some people had a very good war, financially speaking.

Well, apart from the Military - Industrial Complex. Pretty sure some people had a very good war, financially speaking.
Americans have been slow to realize that most of our wars and military engagements since ww2 have been about making money off suppressing people we don't like, instead of all this protecting our freedom bullshit they go on about

Americans have been slow to realize that most of our wars and military engagements since ww2 have been about making money off suppressing people we don't like, instead of all this protecting our freedom bullshit they go on about

One of my favourite comics is Punisher: Born. Written by Garth Ennis, it shows how Frank Castle became the Punisher, in the last days of the Vietnam War. The final issue shows a massive NVA attack on Firebase Valley Forge, and includes this monologue from one of the characters,

There is a Great Beast loose in the world of men.

It awoke in dark times, to fight a terrible enemy. It stormed through Europe and across the far Pacific, and crushed the evil that it found there underfoot. But when the Great Beast was victorious, when the Crooked Cross and the Rising Sun were ground into the dirt, the Great Beast's keepers found it would not go back to sleep.

The Beast has many heads, and on those heads are written names: Monsanto, Colt, General Electric and many, many others. And they are very, very hungry.

So, once a generation, America goes to war. A war for war's sake, usually, and one that could have been avoided. But the Great Beast must be fed, and so there must be blood, in vast quantities, and whether it is our enemy's blood or our own matters not at all.

And so now, today, at Firebase Valley Forge, our time is finally come around.

Today is the day we feed the Beast.

Last edited:
Well Ali liked underage girls, can you be considered an Alpha when you’re a pervert?

Lol at thinking that makes someone more alpha.

You would also say that Brendan Schaub is more alpha than Tupac Shakur? After all, Schaub would beat up Tupac in a fight...

What exactly made Tupac an Alpha? He was a tiny little man that was the definition of a follower who ended up getting pimped out by Suge Knight like a whore.

Last edited:

Even if you don't believe any of this kind of stuff. Just the way we treat our soldiers when they come back is enough for me not to get involved in that garbage.

So what i learned from this thread

The alpha chart

Suge knight>tupac>schaub>ali> the punisher

Ali dominated the greatest era of heavyweight boxing, Jordan dominated the most competitive era of the NBA.

Ali was more alpha because he fought guys like Frasier and Foreman and Jordan threw a ball at a hoop.

Fighting Frasier and Foreman definitely takes an iron will of unbreakable resolve and gonads the size of King Kong's... But in Jordan's defense (actually offense.. hahaha! bad joke there) he fearlessly drove in night and night out into defenses that were physically beating the shit out of him (Bad Boy Pistons in the 80's anyone?). I'd still rather try to make a layup against those assholes as opposed to get into a boxing ring with a prime George Foreman but let's not pretend Jordan just threw a ball at a hoop.

Back