• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who wants to see Conor return & who doesn't?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've enjoyed Conor's fights win or lose and he always hypes them well. Like Lesnar he brings an aura and hype to the fight and usually wins spectacularly or loses spectacularly. So I'd like to see McGregor return and fight and I'd like to see him fight often and soon.

Who wants to see Conor return and who doesn't?

i'd love to see him fight. he's a great fighter.

most of the time i feel like i want to see him fight more than his most ardent supporters do.

but if he doesn't sign the contract, we should stop talking about him and he shouldn't hold a belt.

"i want to see him fight" and "if he doesn't defend the belt he should be stripped" are not mutually exclusive statements.

Everyone wants to see him return, anyone saying the opposite is most likely lying.

Would love to see him return to defend a title for the first time in his life, but I ain't holding my breath.

I'd like for him to return to defend a damn title rather than keep it hostage.

Hated that shit when Tito Ortiz held the LHW title hostage while he was ducking Liddell, and I hate it now.

You DO.

Most of the time, they're defending him NOT defending. lmao
everyone gets their entertainment differently.
  • many like pro wrestling knowing it's worked, but are entertained by it.
  • Conor's fans seem to get more entertainment from the drama surrounding him than by his actual fighting.
in both those cases i don't get it, because i like actual fighting. pro wrasslers don't fight. and Conor is a very good actual fighter. when he actually fights. i want to see him tested, because i want to find out how fucking great he actually is. but i don't give a flying fuck about his non-fighting entertainment aura, which his fans love, love, love.

i shouldn't mock his fans for enjoying his drama-not-fighting. just like i shouldn't mock WWE fans. who am i to say what they should and shouldn't like? i get this intellectually.......and yet they're just so utterly fucking mock-able!!!

No point in him returning if he is not going to fight the best.

I've enjoyed Conor's fights win or lose and he always hypes them well. Like Lesnar he brings an aura and hype to the fight and usually wins spectacularly or loses spectacularly. So I'd like to see McGregor return and fight and I'd like to see him fight often and soon.

I hate the douchebag but I want him to come back to get ragdolled by Khabib or beat up by Tony. After that he can go to fucking hell.

You'll see a truly spectacular loss, if he ever mans up, and takes his beating from Khabib like a man.

You're not a mma fan if you don't want him to return. Love him, hate him or you're neutral to him, everyone should want to see him at least fight in the octagon.

I do not believe there is any true MMA fan who does not want to see him return IF he is going to fight and not do things to mess the divisions up belt or contender wise.

You would have those who would want to see him lose, those who want to see him win and those who don't really care but want to see him in the mix.

Honestly the only ones I could see not wanting to see him fight as I posed would be guys who legit thought he was unbeatable and do not want to see him succeed more or crush their favorite fighters. And I don't know if anyone like that exists.

I don't know, he in this solely for the money , he is not interested in returning to fight the best and he's going to draw out every move he makes while getting special treatment.
Not sure it's worth it.

As long as he doesn't handpick bullshit fights I'm all for it. He' exciting and a finisher .

Would love to see him return to defend a title for the first time in his life, but I ain't holding my breath.

david-james-nodding.gif

Agreed

Anybody in their right mind should want Conor to fight again. If you're a fan of his, obviously you'd want him back. And if you're a hater, then you should want to see him lose. Personally, I just want to see the best fight the best. Conor's been saying he's the best for a long time, so I'd like to see him try to prove it. Either way, it would be entertaining.

Even the haters need something to bitch about. He shouldn't wait much longer, though. ...and no cocked up "superfight" unless it's for the lightweight belt.

Back