Who wants to see Adesanya vs. Blachowicz?

Do you want to see this fight?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't mind them fighting at all. I'm not really interested in seeing Adesanya fight Whittaker again. And this is really the best move for him now. Same with Jan I don't think he's interested in fighting anyone else than Adesanya. To me it just make sense for both guys right now.

How about you guys?

i

jan-blachowicz-calls-out-former-champion-jon-jones-after-winning-ufc-light-heavyweight-title-against-dominick-reyes-scaled-1-1600x1067.jpg

I do. Will be a cool striking battle for as long as it lasts.

Can't get Jan's fight with Santos out of my head though

Of course I'd like to see it.

Sadly it shows the lack of top contenders in both MW and LHW, also why Jones moved to HW.

Yes, Izzy will KO him inside of 2 rounds.

Definitely wont be a walk in the park for Izzy I feel

I wanted to see Rakic get a crack at the title, but having said that there's nobody left for Israel to fight in the MW division as Whittaker turned the rematch down, so the Blachowicz fight makes sesne.

I’d definitely like to see it. MW is a bit stagnant atm, there’s no top contender that makes sense for Izzy right now. There’s quite a few possibilities at LHW for Jan, but it will take some time to sort out. I would be fine with this fight , but are we talking catchweight or is this for Jan’s LHW belt?

Of course I'd like to see it.

Sadly it shows the lack of top contenders in both MW and LHW, also why Jones moved to HW.

To be fair there are clear contenders in both weight classes (Whittaker at MW, at LHW winner of Santos vs Texeira, + potentiallyJones) but I guess there are not as exciting as a champ vs champ fight. I am not really super pumped for this fight but I am not strongly opposed to it either.

I mean I’ll watch it but there are about 5 other fights I’d rather see instead

I honestly don't mind them fighting at all. I'm not really interested in seeing Adesanya fight Whittaker again. And this is really the best move for him now. Same with Jan I don't think he's interested in fighting anyone else than Adesanya. To me it just make sense for both guys right now.

How about you guys?

i

jan-blachowicz-calls-out-former-champion-jon-jones-after-winning-ufc-light-heavyweight-title-against-dominick-reyes-scaled-1-1600x1067.jpg
I'm not interested in the fight at all from the matchup perspective. I'm only interested in the fight due to the implications of the outcome. If Izzy wins, He can call jon to get his title back or move up. If izzy loses, well back down to middle weight. It's not a fight I'm anticipating personally.

There is no middleweight contender that I'd like to see get a title shot more than I'd like to see Jan vs Izzy.

The middleweights could use a bit of time to push someone forward. Whitaker vs Izzy was terribly one sided, and I am not hyped at all to see a rematch.

At 205, there is not a clear #1 contender on a long streak of wins over ranked fighters that would be screwed over.

So this actually works for me.

But if Izzy wins, he can tie up two divisions, he has to make a choice.

A champ with no defenses vs a champ chasing a great's legacy of 10 title defenses(of which he has 2) doesn't give this much of a superfight feel.

The label has gotten so diluted in recent years.

I guess this means that the UFC gains more from a champ champ than two different champions although in the latter case you have twice as many Championship fights in the same time period?

It's a cool fight. And more interesting than most alternatives.

Back