Who wants Palhares back in the UFC?

Not end but delay. He's injured a lot of fighters causing them to not earn a paycheck. He still needs to beat Shields though. If he does that then theres really nothing for him but shields is his toughest test

He is taking Shield's lower leg home with him

I would love to see him back. I was pissed when he got fired. He is one of my favorite submission guys ever. He is the only man in MMA that makes Jiu-Jitsu as scary and violent as power striking usually is. He's the subbing equivalent of a Vitor or prime CC.

People whine that he held submissions 2 seconds too long a couple of times. Dude, it's a FIGHT. It would be like getting pissed at strikers needing to be pushed off of unconscious opponents all of the time.

It's also a mental warfare thing. People who fight him know that they had better tap and tap fast, or else he will destroy you. His opponents are terrified, and he's in their head before the match even begins. Brazilians love the man, because he fights with their mentality. Watch the final match of UFC 1 again, the start of it all, and see that Royce Gracie had to be pried off of Gerard Gordeau by the ref as if he was trying to prevent a murder.

And really, Palharas could be a legit contender if he could just work on his striking defense. He has a complete lack of fear in battle which prevents him from even trying to block or dodge punches most of the time, and that gets him into trouble. Either way, I want this man back, and I want him to fight Maia for his return!

Not no, but hell no...

Back