Who wants Palhares back in the UFC?

clayj

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
He's been looking like a savage and with the UFC contenders picture more cloudy than ever, I think Palhares could come back and wreak havoc.

SecondaryTimelyErin.gif

Steve_Carl_vs._Rousimar_Palhares.gif

I'd like to see him fight Maia first.

Until refs aren't having to pull him off limbs

he's not coming back any time soon

He's a great fighter, but he's still having issues holding on submissions too long. I think if he was able to address this problem, they would let him back in.

Id like to see him in adcc..
garcia maybe ..
infact id like to see a straight up jitz against jacare...

He would be a good addition to WW but I think Dana and co. probably rightly view him as a liability. Palhares always seems like the type of dude who could seriously hurt someone and yet then pleads ignorance as to how that could have happened. It's tough to hedge your best on someone who is so unpredictable in the cage.

The amazing thing about Rousimar though is that he's single-mindedly going for the same type of hold in every fight and even though you know that's what he's going for he still manages to by and large get it.

Feed him to Woodley, Hendricks, Lombard (again), Gastelum and then cut him again.
I'd be ok with that.

Not really. I'd like to see him banned from the sport for his transgressions. WAY worse than what Chael and Wanderlei have done.

He's been looking like a savage and with the UFC contenders picture more cloudy than ever, I think Palhares could come back and wreak havoc.

SecondaryTimelyErin.gif

Steve_Carl_vs._Rousimar_Palhares.gif

I'd like to see him fight Maia first.

Yes thats a fight right there!

I'd like to see him banned from MMA.

Which is a shame because he's so good.

Not me, let him remain champ in the organization he is in right now.

The fuck? Who's career did he end in the 1st place?

Not end but delay. He's injured a lot of fighters causing them to not earn a paycheck. He still needs to beat Shields though. If he does that then theres really nothing for him but shields is his toughest test

↑ exactly its all part of the sport i dont really think he holds them any longer than most guys do other subs

Until refs aren't having to pull him off limbs

This. When a ref jumps in, the hold should be released without his hands having to be pried off his opponent. There's a mental aspect to MMA that he just doesn't get/have.

Back