Who thinks GSP vs. Woodley will most likely be a boring blanket-fest?

I don't care. If GSP lays on Tyrone to a decision I'd love every minute of it.

In his prime GSP will make sweet love to Tyrun 45-50 who knows now? But he's not coming back. heard it all before for 2yrs now. Tyrun just talking shit tying to act like he owns UFC. GSP is fat rich and happy. Dana will make WB Tyrun announcement soon.

I think Woodley is going to knock GSP out in the middle of the 2nd. GSP was getting hit by Shields and Hendrix pretty easily. I think Woodley is gonna clobber GSP in this one. GSP won't get the takedown on Woodley either.

People said the same thing about Hendricks power too when he was knocking people out. GSP may get hit but he doesn't get hit really cleanly very often. Wouldnt be at all surprised if Woodley won though, GSP was already declining before he retired, now hes got 3 years of ring rust on top of that and he's fighting a guy with killshot power. Doubt his timing is still good enough to do it like he used to,

Tyron is probably going to come out strong in the first round. But once the takedown machine gets the ball rollin, Tyron is going to slowly cave.

Who here remember GSP's post fight celebration? Nobody. Because he stopped backflipping when he started being a blanket.

GSP will tear him up. Standing or otherwise

When you are white your athletic ability usually declines with age. When you are black they can improve in some cases.Just look at Cormier and Floyd Mayweather. GSP won't be the same fighter he was. T-Wood is improving.

I think Woodley is going to knock GSP out in the middle of the 2nd. GSP was getting hit by Shields and Hendrix pretty easily. I think Woodley is gonna clobber GSP in this one. GSP won't get the takedown on Woodley either.
This. Woodley is not gonna be taken down in this fight and he is an upgraded version of Kostchek with even bigger punching power, and more athletic, so IMO he´d KO GSP, who's been retired for 3 years and now it´s post USADA, so he´s even a bigger question mark, Woodley would probably land that big shot, he´s TIMING with that right overhand has been improving tons, look at how many shots he hit Condit with before that acl injury and the Lawler fight..... Of course Woodley still hasn´t answered that gas tank issue, and this is where GSP should capitalize on. If I were GSP I´d try to neutralize that initial power of Woodley.... how? By being the agressor always looking to close the distance without giving Woodley any space and going for the clinch and stay clinched trying to wear Woodley down by doing that Cain Velasquez type of fight with knees, elbows, TD attempts, it doesn´t matter if GSP scores takedowns or not, what matters here is to make Woodley spend his energy in the clinch, therefore that deadly right overhand doesn´t work so well in the later rounds.... GSP said in the interview fight after the 2nd BJ Penn fight that this was his strategy because BJ´s boxing was really good specially in the beginning, so I think he should use the same strategy with Woodley.

Last edited:
Nope, GSP doesn't have explosive wrestling like he used to. He'd have to point woodley, but I like Woodley's chances of fjinishing inside Georges.

A blanket fest sounds like fun to me!

blanketfort.gif

I may be wrong but I think it's gonna be in GSP's interest to keep it standing.

you may be right.

follow the gameplan that Rory used and wait for him to tire. Tyron really didn't react well to Rory moving forward on him. Not at all. At the end of that third round he was in trouble. Not sure if he knew it was over and simply did nothing or if he couldn't do anything at that point.

Two of his last 3 were FOTN but whatever.

Gsp would expose the shit out of Woodley's striking, come on now.

I think GSP will be rusty and tyron is going to overwhelm him quickly

I actually will say that I think GSP is more exciting than Woodley. I know Woodley has been scoring KOs in the UFC, but he also did that in Strikeforce with the Galvao fight. In his heart, he's a cage humper and a lay n prayer. Woodley couldn't do anything to opponents with his wrestling other than hump. GSP at least passes guard and lands strikes on the ground. Make Woodley get into a fight and it's boring as fuck.

Until Greg Jackson tells him not to.

When you are white your athletic ability usually declines with age. When you are black they can improve in some cases.Just look at Cormier and Floyd Mayweather. GSP won't be the same fighter he was. T-Wood is improving.
This is a 100% scientific claim very well. Can't wait for you article in Science

Gsp may have forgotten how not to be a killer. He probably has one finish in him like Cruz before he remembers how to be a blanket.

Who thinks GSP threads should be banned?

Back