Who think Vettori will beat Adesanya?

They both improved but i see it going the same way with a few extra lumps on Vettoris face, even though I would like Vettori to flawlessly smash him for the LOLZ

It’s going to be hilarious when Vettori wrestlefucks Izzy to a 49-46 or 48-47 decision win.

His chin is so good that I think he could. The guy walks through fire and has already seen what Izzy has to offer. I thought Izzy won first fight clear 2-1, but Vettori did get him down in the 3rd.

He'll have to get through Brunson or Cannonier before he smells another fight with Izzy.

Edit: so there's this rumor of Izzy vs Marvin in June... No hespect for my man Robert. I think Izzy starches him, but I hope Vetori wins, I think he's an easier match up for Robert.

Once Jan figured out how to get Izzy down, he outclassed him imo.

Marvin should copy the same strategy. Start off with a stand-up battle, and eventually Izzy's TDD won't hold up.

How is taking on a surging champ in a division above your's getting exposed? Jesus Sherdog posters are the most idiotic people sometimes. He fought a hell of a fighter that is much larger for 25 minutes. Who in the MW division will have that size and strength advantage over him? No one... Therefore the performance and the formula Jan used to win is irrelevant at 185. Losing a fight in an attempt to being a double champ doesn't expose you.... losing a fight doesn't expose you. Being embarrassed like what Izzy did to Costa.... That's exposing someone.

How is taking on a surging champ in a division above your's getting exposed? Jesus Sherdog posters are the most idiotic people sometimes. He fought a hell of a fighter that is much larger for 25 minutes. Who in the MW division will have that size and strength advantage over him? No one... Therefore the performance and the formula Jan used to win is irrelevant at 185. Losing a fight in an attempt to being a double champ doesn't expose you.... losing a fight doesn't expose you. Being embarrassed like what Izzy did to Costa.... That's exposing someone.
Sherdog as usual.
Easy to tell how people are guided by their emotions.

(Obviously fully agree with you)

Revisionist history. Go rewatch the fight. It was an easy 29-28. The talking point at the time was that Izzy almost got fucked out of his win bonus. That's all the media was saying. Now, fast forward and they are all saying that it was a close, split decision "that could of gone either way." Israel is not Kevin Holland. He has much better takedown defense. Not to mention, Holland was doing pretty damn well on the feet vs Vettori whenever they were standing. I can't imagine Vettori taking down Adesanya that easily over five rounds. He's also not the same size as Jan. I doubt anyone at 185 can replicate Jan's strategy (and I still thought Izzy did enough to win that as all Jan could basically do was hold Israel down and do virtually no damage until a few seconds from the final horn when the fight was over similar to DJ vs Cejudo, which I also thought DJ won).

Solid and thoughtful post overall, but absolutely lol at thinking Israel beat Jan. That fight was closer to a 50-45 for Jan than it was to a 48-47 for Israel. I do understand the case for DJ beating Cejudo though.

I agree that it is unlikely that Vettori or any other 185er can do to Adesanya what Blachowicz did.

Marvin's got a chance. He's a much better fighter than he was when they first fought

Big Vettori fan but its Roberts time MW fights to make
Rob v Israel
Bruson v Vettori
Cannonier v Costa
Muradov v someone in the top 15 maybe Holland
Till v winner of Edmen Jack

Let me put it this way:
Vettori isn’t especially skilled in any one area of MMA.
Israel is just as skilled as Vettori in all areas of MMA, plus being much more skilled in striking.

Basically there’s no major threat that Vettori poses in any specific area of MMA.

Takedowns: Vettori
Ground control: Vettori
Bjj: Vettori
Wrestling: Vettori
Not sucking vs southpaws: Vettori
TDD: Vettori

Not saying that he will win.

Yes, if he can land some ground and pound, rather than just lay and pray.

The first fight was a very close battle (split decision)

Adesanya got exposed by Jan and is not undefeated anymore (can be a factor for adesanya and his opponent confidence)

Discuss

I think he has a decent shot, as long as he doesnt freeze up like Paulo did. Vettori is very durable and has good pressure. Just needs to make a it a very ugly, drawn out 5 round fight.

Only Vettori believes Vettori wins this fight.

That split decision was a gift of bad calls. The fight was a pretty clear 29-28 for Izzy, since then Izzy has improved dramatically and Vettori has improved somewhat. This fight is not necessary aside from building Izzy some confidence following his loss. Whittaker is the fight and he's getting screwed.

Takedowns: Vettori
Ground control: Vettori
Bjj: Vettori
Wrestling: Vettori
Not sucking vs southpaws: Vettori
TDD: Vettori

Not saying that he will win.

I love how you broke down grappling into multiple sections to make it look as if Vettori has some massive advantage lol.

Overall Striking- Izzy
Boxing-Izzy
Kickboxing-Izzy
Striking creativity- Izzy
Countering - Izzy
Comfortable in both stances - Izzy
Managing distance - Izzy
Reach - Izzy
Striking power- Izzy
Speed -Izzy

Works both ways when you want to break it down that specifically.

The first fight was a very close battle (split decision)

Adesanya got exposed by Jan and is not undefeated anymore (can be a factor for adesanya and his opponent confidence)

Discuss
It doesn't matter if his weakness was exposed, I get the feeling he can still walk down any opponents in the middleweight and light heavyweight. He'll comfortably beat Vettori.

Only Vettori believes Vettori wins this fight.

That split decision was a gift of bad calls. The fight was a pretty clear 29-28 for Izzy, since then Izzy has improved dramatically and Vettori has improved somewhat. This fight is not necessary aside from building Izzy some confidence following his loss. Whittaker is the fight and he's getting screwed.

Whittiker isn’t getting screwed though. He just can’t physically take the fight according to him. Izzy wants to stay active. He has stated after the Jan fight that he wanted a fight quickly.

If anything This actually works out perfectly for Rob. He can rest and sit back and fight Izzy before the end of the year because knowing Izzy he’s definitely taking another fight this year after Vittori.

This scenario is much more favorable for Whittaker.

Let me put it this way:
Vettori isn’t especially skilled in any one area of MMA.
Israel is just as skilled as Vettori in all areas of MMA, plus being much more skilled in striking.

Basically there’s no major threat that Vettori poses in any specific area of MMA.
I don't completely agree. I would wager Vetorri's offensive wrestling is probably superior to Israel's given he seems to like using it a lot more and fairly successfully as of late.

I think the whole key to this fight will be if The Italian Dream (hilarious nickname) can cut off Stylebender (would be cool nickname if in 8th grade) as he circles the cage.

Italian Dream's stubborn desire to plod forward prevented him from having an opportunity to win last time. Stylebender isn't stupid. He's not going to stand still and get caught in exchanges or let himself be taken down.

Back