who the F**K is Sergio Moraes?

B

blanko

i have never heard of the guy. He didn't medal in the brasilain nationals as a brown or purple and never heard about him in the pan ams or mundials. Who the fuck is this guy? My friends who trained at the SP gym in alliance have no idea who he is... Does anyone have any info on this guy>????

Looks like beatin Kron, and then winning his divisions has launched this guy into fame..

good for him.

sounds just like Wes Welker from the Patriots. came out of nowhere and became a superstar.

i think it's fairly obvious that people like this have sold their souls to the devil for fame, success, and soon to come fortune.

Taken from nhbgears forum. Apparently he won the brown belt mundial in 2006 and was with TT at the time. He followed Terere when he left alliance and then came back when Terere left TT.

Who is Sergio Moraes?

I had not even heard his name before he beat Kron.

Then he won the division and I was still scratching my head.

Best way to break into fame ever. Ever.

he placed 4th in the black belg GP this year as a heavy weight, he fought under aliance's banner, but i see him related with a team called "maromba" (portuguese word for steroids) in most of the articles about him on the web.. it is reposted he is also brazilian muay thai champion. he fought on the MTL (brazilian fight league) already a couple of times. I bet you can find him on fight finder.

oh guess he was listed as sergio ricardo in 2006.. damm you brasilains and your multiple names!!

two of his matches:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yEwBVnsxtc&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2yEwBVnsxtc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1vYGwd5sdw&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1vYGwd5sdw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

btw, I like his style alot.

oh guess he was listed as sergio ricardo in 2006.. damm you brasilains and your multiple names!!

I saw that to, maybe the person who posted that info in the other thread was wrong? Who knows.

As an update, he just took the Medio and absolute divisions at the Rio State Championships.

he was from Lotus club bjj from white to brown under Raul Veira

he switched got his black from alliance....traitor esp after all that time IMO

he is a MMA fighter

I wonder if, when hanging off someone like that, the person hanging on feels like as big a douchebag as they look.

That's a perfect example of why slamming should be legal. If you can't stop me from getting to my feet and lifting you, you deserve to get slammed, or you should break your guard. One or the other.

I wonder if, when hanging off someone like that, the person hanging on feels like as big a douchebag as they look.

That's a perfect example of why slamming should be legal. If you can't stop me from getting to my feet and lifting you, you deserve to get slammed, or you should break your guard. One or the other.

Actually its a perfect example of BJJ, the guy who stood did get what he wanted out of it, either a reset from the guard player or a chance to square himself, and he did it without slamming, But then again he is a BJJ BB, and you are not. So maybe slams should be legal for guys who dont want to be bothered with actually using BJJ in BJJ tournaments?

I think that purple belt is still pretty good. This video is exactly why I love Brazilain Jiu Jitsu more then MMA. Everyone has to think. In MMA you have a thought process also I'm sure but this is something totalyy different. His style is very good and I can see why he made it rough for Kron. Also this stuff in general is KING I just did three classes today and I still watch this stuff in amazement. ....no matter how drained I am.

Actually its a perfect example of BJJ, the guy who stood did get what he wanted out of it, either a reset from the guard player or a chance to square himself, and he did it without slamming, But then again he is a BJJ BB, and you are not. So maybe slams should be legal for guys who dont want to be bothered with actually using BJJ in BJJ tournaments?

Nice.... I love it when people respond so well. BJJ is the best sport out there.

Back