Who takes Dillashaw vs. Assuncao 2

PhilBaloney

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Assuncao beat Dillashaw in a very close fight that easily could be scored for either guy just 7 months ago. A rematch makes a lot of sense.

Who do you think wins a rematch, and do you think it would be close or lopsided.

Personally i think Dillashaw wins, because it seems he is improving more between each fight, but i definitely think it will be a close fight.

Dilla-ding-dong for sure. He arguably won when they fought but got robbed by the judges.

Dillashaw, never been impressed with Assuncao, and the judges were having a awful night art that event, they did lots of weird scores.

My money's on Dillashaw.

Dillashaw wasn't robbed in their first fight. That 3rd round was extremely close. Assuncao is a good counterstriker and is likely capable of making another close fight, but Dillashaw has clearly improved even if their first fight was rather recent.

Of course people will say Dillashaw after last night but Assuncao's style should still present him problems like the first time. Assuncao is pretty much nothing like Barao as a striker. He's got a much more patient, almost karate like, counter punching style.

I support this rematch and would pick Dillashaw. So much improvement even since they fought.

I think that TJ should have won the first fight and I am picking him in the rematch.

Dillishaw, though probably a close decision if there's no finish
He won the last fight, but it was close and went the other (wrong) way.
He's going to be riding high on confidence in his next fight with a win over one of the best fighters in the world. Though Assuncao is on a winning streak, the momentum is on TJ's side.

Of course people will say Dillashaw after last night but Assuncao's style should still present him problems like the first time. Assuncao is pretty much nothing like Barao as a striker. He's got a much more patient, almost karate like, counter punching style.
TJ didn't have such a confusing switch-hitting style the first time they fought either though, Assuncao will be hard pressed to time counters against a guy whose attacks continually come from different angles (e.g. southpaw rear straight comes from same angle as orthodox jab).

Have to pick Dillashaw at this point. Will be a damn good nonetheless.

I will fabor Dillashaw since I thought TJ clearly won last time, and this time he will have 5 rounds to make it more clear.

That fight could have gone either way.

Assuncao is good at taking guys out of their rhythm and making things ugly.

I wouldn't mind seeing TJ defend against someone else first, and then have him face Assuncao again.

Tj won that first fight pretty sure they fought in brazil so home judging

How would Assuncao do in a 5 rounder? What is his cardio like?

Also, the TJ Dillashaw we saw last night is new. The way he moved in and out and kept moving. The amazing part is he has the cardio to do it. Cardio, movement and power is a pretty scary combo. TJ needs to dance with the one that brought him and keep up this style, if he does he can be champ for a long time.

Back