• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who switched over to Chandler?

kalabula

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For most fights I’m pulling for one fighter over another. I’m a big fan of Justin and was rooting for him. But Chandler seems like a good dude. I think I’m leaning toward wanting him to win. Am I the only one who’s switched over?

Chandler seems like a legit good guy, but I really don't think he is as good as most people or he himself believes. I truly think Gaethje, Dustin, Oliviera, and Islam are a level above him.

I want and think Gaethje to win, but I'm starting to somewhat dislike him. Does he really think this one win will catapult him to an immediate TS? A 1 fight win streak after getting dominated in his last fight by Khabib?

I'm not a fan of Charles Oliveria, but the way Gaethje is disrespecting him is insane lol. Calling Oliveria a quitter, when Gaethje himself said that he wouldn't tap against Khabib and then proceeded to tap anyway before going to sleep.

Personality-wise it's a wash, but Gaethje is going to wreck Chandler

I've always liked Chandler since his Bellator days. I rooted for him against Hooker and Chucky Olives. I'm conflicted on who to root for in this fight because I like Gaethje a lot too. Gun to my head, I hope Chandler wins because Gaethje has been talking a lot of trash for a guy on the sidelines.

Chandler should keep his mouth shut and stick to what he’s getting paid for. Chandler has a weak chin and Justin will crack it!!!!

Yeah rooting for Chandler. Not that I dislike Gaethje but the dude definitely isn't the most intelligent and is kinda upset with Chandler over nothing. Love to watch him fight tho.

Don't really care who wins. I like both of their fighting styles although I prefer Justin's style more. But I expect the fight to be fantastic (or a quick finish). Either way it's going to be a fun fight. But again, don't really care who wins.

I think it's a 50/50 fight(Chandler is more well rounded and has more ways to win but has a big durability disadvantage) and I'm hoping Chandler wins(mainly cause Gaethje seems winy and overly entitled like he doesn't understand he's 4-3 in the UFC and was finished in his last fight almost a year ago) but I'm not a big fan of Chandler or anything. I just hope it's a good competitive fight and it goes more than 2 rounds.

Chandler seems like a legit good guy, but I really don't think he is as good as most people or he himself believes. I truly think Gaethje, Dustin, Oliviera, and Islam are a level above him.
Can’t wait to find out. He had the current champ in a bit of trouble at one point.

A seemingly good guy vs a guy who refuses to fight a five round fight without getting paid more, and has a tainted past. Not really a tough choice.

Until Chandler gets arrested for domestic violence

I want and think Gaethje to win, but I'm starting to somewhat dislike him. Does he really think this one win will catapult him to an immediate TS? A 1 fight win streak after getting dominated in his last fight by Khabib?

I'm not a fan of Charles Oliveria, but the way Gaethje is disrespecting him is insane lol. Calling Oliveria a quitter, when Gaethje himself said that he wouldn't tap against Khabib and then proceeded to tap anyway before going to sleep.
he didnt get dominated by khabib he got finished but that's not the same thing he clearly won the first against khabib and landed heavy shots on him. dustin gets a title fight for fighting conor twice. Oliveria get a title fight for cleaning up gaethjes scraps of tony ferguson. think about it. gaethje obviously deserves the title fight if he wins this fight

Does he really think this one win will catapult him to an immediate TS? A 1 fight win streak

Of course he does, that's all it took for Chandler to get a shot.

Nobody ever beat Khabib and he's gone, losses to him don't mean anything.

Can’t wait to find out. He had the current champ in a bit of trouble at one point.
What's interesting to note as well is in 28 fights Chandler has never been subbed. He's a tough out for anyone.

Chandler is gonna be one of those guys who is a flash in the pan in the ufc. Switched over too late imo

Back