• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who stands out as the real GOAT

Sorry I had to :rolleyes:C6BC75DF-785C-4A72-97ED-29B29BBCAD4D.jpeg

You no good jabroni son of bitch TS , you make a thread about MMA GOATs and not mention Fedor ?

<Deported1><Deported1><Deported1><Deported1><Deported1><{CMPALM}><{CMPALM}><{CMPALM}><{cruzshake}><{danayeah}><{cruzshake}><{danayeah}><{hughesimpress}><{hughesimpress}><{hughesimpress}><{gspressed}><3><3>

There'll never be a fighter that everyone can agree on as the GOAT. Even if somebody did come along and clearly establish themselves as the one and true greatest fighter in history - undefeated, 100% finish rate, titles won in three/four divisions, excellent in every area and fought the absolute best quality of opposition available every time - people would still find reasons to nitpick and pretend he's too imperfect to deserve the GOAT label.

All I know is that Fedor and GSP don’t have that halo of doubt around their heads such as Silva and Jones.

It’s so subjective it’s an impossible discussion to have without the occurrence of disagreement and drama of passionate fandom.

I was a huge Fedor fan for a while, then he retired and I honestly don’t want to see him fight anymore. With that said IMO Jones surpassed Fedor’s ability to utterly dominate an entire division, the only man to get close to beating JBJ was Gus. Since that fight Jones has continued to lay waste to 205, but the entire legitimacy of his reign has been called into question.

GSP and Andy to a lesser extent have had bad performances in their primes, something you can’t say about Jones and Fedor.

The fact that Fedor never did it in the UFC never sat right with me, although there’s no question he’s smashed UFC champion caliber fighters, he’s got a less than stellar record under North American athletic commissions.

GSP is the only fighter to have great performances pre/post USADA without getting caught doping, sooooo...
Georges
Jones*
Fedor
Silva

You can lay out a logical argument for any of these guys to be interchangeable, there isn’t a correct answer.
<{vega}>

220px-Georges_St-Pierre.png
Am not impressed with your post.lol

All I know is that Fedor and GSP don’t have that halo of doubt around their heads such as Silva and Jones.

It’s so subjective it’s an impossible discussion to have without the occurrence of disagreement and drama of passionate fandom.

I was a huge Fedor fan for a while, then he retired and I honestly don’t want to see him fight anymore. With that said IMO Jones surpassed Fedor’s ability to utterly dominate an entire division, the only man to get close to beating JBJ was Gus. Since that fight Jones has continued to lay waste to 205, but the entire legitimacy of his reign has been called into question.

GSP and Andy to a lesser extent have had bad performances in their primes, something you can’t say about Jones and Fedor.

The fact that Fedor never did it in the UFC never sat right with me, although there’s no question he’s smashed UFC champion caliber fighters, he’s got a less than stellar record under North American athletic commissions.

GSP is the only fighter to have great performances pre/post USADA without getting caught doping, sooooo...
Georges
Jones*
Fedor
Silva

You can lay out a logical argument for any of these guys to be interchangeable, there isn’t a correct answer.
<{vega}>
TRUE wht u said about Fedor.

I give Anderson a pass because he only popped after he got his leg snapped in half at damn near 40. We all know he wasn't supposed to walk again properly. He obviously started taking after that, first for his health and then for his ego.

Or he popped when he underwent his first random drug testing regimen under USADA. Then again after that. So yeah, whatever you have to tell yourself.

Last edited:
Half his wins were decisions. LOL

In which he completely and thoroughly dominated his opponents in every facet of Mixed Martial Arts. Are we discussing the greatest fighter of all time, or the most exciting fighter of all time? Those are two extremely different things, and if it was the latter I'd certainly nominate Anderson as a strong candidate.

I don't know how Silva can be considered the greatest fighter of all time when he has such glaring holes in his skill set that the correct type of opponent could exploit.

Last edited:
My unpopular opinion. I still think this man is the GOAT, and I've seen them all..
5109043-jon-jones2.jpg

I know he got caught juicing. But who's to say GSP and Fedor weren't using back in the day when ped's were rampant in mma ..? I think they likely were...jmo..
Sadly, this is the correct answer.

Watching this sport for so long, i see fans have a reason to hate on each goat.

Bones and Silva are both goats but some say neither can be #1 due to being popped twice by usda.
*Problem is that even before any peds situation there still no fighters w/better records.

Gsp some say is the goat cuz he came back and became a 2 divison champ.
*However Gsp is the only goat to lose his title in his prime. He gets a ton of shit from fans cuz he's the king of decisions and not many finishes. Many fans said Hendrick beat him and he lefted the sport.

DJ does get the majority of respect as the goat from real fans.
*However casuals feel his divison is to small and not as irrelevant. DJ has also never went up to test his self like other goats.

BJ Penn Screw u he's one my favs. He's the lw goat and a 2 divison champ in his prime.
*However penn doesnt have a long win streak like other goats.

DC mayb the #1 overall goat soon if he can beat Stipe. Only lost is to Bones,no peds and he's 2 fights from retiring.
GSP- only 2 losses in 28 fights, avenged both with finishes, 2 division champion, longest reigning UFC WW Champion, GOAT WW, never popped for roids.

Fedor- 10 years unbeaten, went 31-1 with a no contest to that record, before he was stopped by Werdum, against some of the best heavyweights of all time, holds victories over former UFC champs. never popped for roids. GOAT HW.

Jose Aldo- 10 years unbeaten, beat the best of the best the FW division had to offer for him, beat prime Edgar (x2) Prime Chad Mendes (x2) Prime Faber, Lamas, when he was at his best.. I mean the list goes on and on. above all, he never popped for roids. Featherweight GOAT.

Those are the only 3 men you can call the legit GOAT's of MMA as of now, IMHO, Jones and Silva (even though they are some of my favorites) do not deserve to be up there due to popping, it's just a disgrace.

Watching this sport for so long, i see fans have a reason to hate on each goat.

Bones and Silva are both goats but some say neither can be #1 due to being popped twice by usda.
*Problem is that even before any peds situation there still no fighters w/better records.

Gsp some say is the goat cuz he came back and became a 2 divison champ.
*However Gsp is the only goat to lose his title in his prime. He gets a ton of shit from fans cuz he's the king of decisions and not many finishes. Many fans said Hendrick beat him and he lefted the sport.

DJ does get the majority of respect as the goat from real fans.
*However casuals feel his divison is to small and not as irrelevant. DJ has also never went up to test his self like other goats.

BJ Penn Screw u he's one my favs. He's the lw goat and a 2 divison champ in his prime.
*However penn doesnt have a long win streak like other goats.

DC mayb the #1 overall goat soon if he can beat Stipe. Only lost is to Bones,no peds and he's 2 fights from retiring.

Hendricks was juiced to the gills for the GSP fight. Why do you think GSP tried so hard to get better testing for their fight (even offering to pay for Hendricks). Hendricks refused..

Since USADA went live, Hendricks has gone 1-5 and missed weight 4 times... Most blatant case of USADA drop off in UFC history.

And your case for GSP losing his title is not even remotely accurate. Plenty of other fighters in their prime lost their titles, Cain, Liddell, etc.

GSP was the GOAT before he ever considered coming back and fighting Bisping. That was merely icing on the cake.

Back