• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should Weidman fight next?

Well said. He's lost 6 of his last 8 fights. All 6 of them were stoppage losses, the last being a gruesome injury TKO.

How in the world are people recommending he fight ranked opponents?

Agree, but skill for skill he’s still quite good (or looked to be last time we saw him able to stand). He’s a hard guy to match because he probably grinds out anyone mediocre.

tumblr_phni00MDxO1rofocqo1_400.gif

Perhaps the best Weidman KTFO because it came at the hands of an old washed up Brazilian. Weidman made his entire career on beating them, literally nothing else. Then one crazing, gentle arm punch on his cracked forehead from a grappler and it looked like he got shot with a grenade launcher. It was beautiful.

He fought the guys who earned the title shots. It could have been Rockhold, Hendo or Bisping, but Vitor KTFO all of them right before his title shot. Could have been Mousasi, but Machida beat him (admittedly close but that’s an elite matchup). Could have been Chael, but Anderson knocked him out.

And the Weidman-Jacare fight was great, both guys looked really good. Both guys started as grapplers but developed good striking too so that’s a really stupid dig.

Enjoying the losses of other men so much is kinda pathetic.

I think he should retire. I don't expect him to come back from that leg break, and he has looked off for years now getting knocked out brutally left and right. For his own sake, I hope he realizes it's not worth it.

He could fight the loser of Till- Du Plessis.

Till was quoted as saying he is going to rip Du Plessis' head off. That is pretty much a guarantee that he is going to find a way to pull out of the fight.

He is done. There is so much head trauma then you add in the leg break.

Cant believe jacare getting kod from top position LOL and subbed....similar to cro cop getn headkicked by gonz

He fought the guys who earned the title shots. It could have been Rockhold, Hendo or Bisping, but Vitor KTFO all of them right before his title shot. Could have been Mousasi, but Machida beat him (admittedly close but that’s an elite matchup). Could have been Chael, but Anderson knocked him out.

And the Weidman-Jacare fight was great, both guys looked really good. Both guys started as grapplers but developed good striking too so that’s a really stupid dig.

Enjoying the losses of other men so much is kinda pathetic.

He went out of his way to neuter TRT Belfort. Did not in any way want to face the TRT version unlike the guys who did like Hendo, Bisping etc. He knew what would happen to him. Don't give me this "He fought who they put in front of him and he had no say" because that is nonsense. His title run is a farce.

The irony is that he himself had one of the worst falls in grace ever right when USADA came in.

You saw his true colors when he faced Mousasi, a young killer in his prime. He tried to quit and win on an acting job which thankfully backfired.

Enjoying the losses? I think he's the one who enjoyed other men's losses. Go watch his victory lap while Silva's leg is dangling loose, and then bragging and nicknaming the deadly move etc. He got his Karma delivered by Hall later though.

Weidman's whole life seems to be a circle of irony and his fans are spinning along.

Last edited:
Honestly the only fights I want to see Chris in are fun fights with retired fighters that will never happen.

Weidman vs Kennedy
Weidman vs Stann
Weidman vs Franklin
Weidman vs Rashad
Weidman vs Cung Le
Weidman vs Bisping
Weidman vs Lombard
Weidman vs Jacare

All sound like great fights we missed out on.
it bothers me that you typed "weidman vs" on all those instead of just the other fighter

Back