Who should Cung Le fight next

Dude just KO'd Rich Franklin. Bisping vitor loser makes the most sense. Either way it will be a stand up war.

If Bisping loses to Vitor then comes out and beats Le he will instantly become self proclaimed number one contender. Again

Make him fight a grappler so that uneducated fans can appreciate his solid defensive wrestling owing to his wrestling background from childhood and extensive training experience with AKA wrestlers like Cain, Cormier, King Mo, Koscheck and Fitch

I honestly don't think that's necessary - le is over 40 yrs old and has zero intention of making a run for a belt - he's making a lot more money in hollywood than he could as a mmartist - it's not a coincidence that his last fight coincided with the release of Man with the Iron Fists

mma is just promotional/brand side work for le - he maybe fights 3 more times (at most) and calls it a day - look for him to be paired with other strikers, guys who'll show off his flashiest skills and make for exciting fights - i doubt he ever gets a guy like okami -

mind you, i'm sure zuffa is happy with the arrangement - it's promotional gold for them as well

2 wins in a row ... I say a top ten for sure would be nice.

Cun Le ... like Brock Lesnar ... it's unfortunate he came into the sport late. He could have really been something special if he entered MMA in his 20s.

This post would have been 10/10 without the comparison with Brock.

Still, it could have been 5/10 had Cung's 4-letter name spelled correctly.

Alas, now it's just 1/10.

Munoz or the Belfort v Bisping loser.

He's coming off a win, he should fight someone else coming off a win. Costa would be perfect. Okami is already up against Lombard, Weidman and Rockhold may be set if Bisping wins, if Bisping loses we may see Rockhold jump right in there against the champ. I would actually like to see Shields, since he was SF MW champ, take on Rockhold for his first fight.

Le's age is getting up there.
UFC shouldn't wasted his fights left with low rated names, I only want to see him against top fighters to see if he is way underrated which i think he is.
Winner of Bisping and Vitor and then who ever is above that if he wins....

No Shields vs Cung please. It would be a waste (even though Shields will get knocked out)

I dont care about wins/ losses because hes not making a title run, the fight I have always wanted to see needs to happen, in Japan

Cung Le vs Yoshihiro Akiyama
Fight would be guaranteed fireworks and huge in Asia

and yes i know sexy is now a "ww" but he is also NOT making a title run so why wouldnt he want to not cut

Last edited:
Cung Le vs. Costa Philippou next.

If he won that, Anderson Silva vs. Cung Le would actually be really interesting.

Agreed, he should fight someone like Jake Shields next.

Especially seeing as how they're both former SF MW champs lol.

I agree...
He needs a grappler. However, Shields is out for a while. Okami/Lomard? Okami would destroy him IMO, but if Cung manages to win convincingly it would back up the hype he had when he first entered UFC. I like Cung, but Franklin and Cote wins aren't enough to cement his status as of yet. He needs a good win against a perenial contender (Franklin, while a perenial is looking old)...
Lombard's not a perenial UFC, but him and Cung could both prove themselves in a war

thoughts?

i dont care about wins/ losses because hes not making a title run, the fight i have always wanted to see needs to happen, in japan

cung le vs yoshihiro akiyama
fight would be guaranteed fireworks and huge in asia

and yes i know sexy is now a "ww" but he is also not making a title run so why wouldnt he want to not cut

+100

I dont care about wins/ losses because hes not making a title run, the fight I have always wanted to see needs to happen, in Japan

Cung Le vs Yoshihiro Akiyama
Fight would be guaranteed fireworks and huge in Asia

and yes i know sexy is now a "ww" but he is also NOT making a title run so why wouldnt he want to not cut

would be entertaining but literally zero chance it happens.

its gotta be Costa or Bisping/Belfort loser

Suddenly I wanna see him vs Jake Shields. Just for curiosity

And for Cung Le to get some revenge for Jake Shield's trash talk saying he was ducking him when he was Strikeforce champ while busy doing movies.

I'd love to see him fight Belcher next, Le deserves another solid opponent after his KO of Franklin

Back