Who says Jon Jones is a C level athlete?

People who say that Jones isn't a top-level athlete are either haters, trolls, or morons. That being said, being athletic isn't the same thing as being able to stop a TD. Honestly don't know how this one will play out, but my gut is telling me DC.

3082d2d5-4298-4c1b-9ddd-9f0c6d9137fe_d.JPG

His younger brother can dunk and the older is a fat athletic guy. Jones is not a fat athletic guy and skinnier than his younger brother who an dunk, so what is his excuse. Jones still beats up the best athlete in the family and always has his younger brother proving that athleticism does not really matter that much.

How does Jones being a "good athlete" guarantee him to not get put on his back by a better athlete but more importantly better wrestler.

I like how dunking is the threshold

Because they are in a much more prestigious sport.

I don't like Jon much but even if Chandler tried MMA he would not be as good as him. Jon and Arthur both mentioned many times he is not a fighter and can't fight. Also he is the only one who did not wrestle, but Arthur and Jon have a wrestling background and base for fighting.

This thread is going to be excellent.

Wouldn't surprise me.

NFL players don't make that much do they?

For new Colts defensive end Arthur Jones, signed Tuesday from the Ravens, the amount he'll certainly earn at the time he applied pen to paper is $10 million. Per a source with knowledge of the terms, that comes from a $5.5 million signing bonus and a fully-guaranteed 2014 base salary of $4.5 million.

Arthur is the most successful and wealthy of the 3. Chandler will probably surpass his salary when he renegotiates his contract.

Jones himself has said Arthur could be HW champ easily if he wanted to and that he still can dominate Jones in a pure wrestling match.

Arthur wrestled as well.

Chandler is probably the best athlete between the 3 with the most impressive physicality.

^^

That Bergkamp one could have placed the holder for the statue a bit better lol. Vlad the impaler would be proud.

Matt Mitrione played in the NFL and isn't even close to being as good as Cain, a guy that probably couldn't have played in the NFL if he tried.

Brendan Schaub made it to the Bills practice squad, but isn't close to world class in MMA.

I also seem to remember this guy on TUF that made an NFL roster, it was a bald white guy I think that made the Arizona Cardinals. He then preceded to get KO'd in like 5 seconds against scrub level TUF talent that was worlds away from world class.

Football and MMA are different sports. The athletes are different and the skillset is different. I remember Strahan saying there was no way he could ever be a pro MMA player, and that s a hall of fame DE.

Being an NFL player doesn't mean you're going to be a great MMA fighter.

Back