Who saw that coming ? (Brown vs. Silva)

frandie2b

------(SALD BELT)------
@red
Reaction score
Just after Erick Silva dropped Brown with the body kick, took his back and went for the RNC, I was like "Erick is gassing himself out and is gonna get finished". (I had Overeem/Browne and Carwin/Lesnar flashbacks).

I didn't think he would survive 2 more rounds tho, Erick is tough as hell. Regarding is cardio, I don't think it's as bad as people think. In my opinion it's more a question of bad management of his energy. He spend to much of it trying to get that submission.

I felt bad for Matt as soon as he folded. All that hype gone by 1 kick and within 2 minutes of 1st round. Then he got out and turned it on.

He is a fucking welterweight, no matter what you or your opponent does. You should have more cardio than for 1 rounds, especially at that age.

He is a fucking welterweight, no matter what you or your opponent does. You should have more cardio than for 1 rounds, especially at that age.

I would say he didn't even have cardio for 1 full round.. More like 3 minutes

Maybe Silva is having bad weight cuts or something.. Perhaps losing some muscle would help

Silva isn't a very smart fighter, although physically gifted. He doesn't know how to manage his cardio and he doesn't know how to stay out of danger. Especially when he is hurt or tired. He reminds me of Melvin Guillard. Talented but dumb.

I saw Brown winning, but, not like that.

Just plain dumb.

A world class marathon runner can run himself out in a mile and a world class weightlifter can turn his muscles to jelly with a few squats.

It's not about poor cardio; it's about physics. Regardless of how much energy you have on hand, if you use all of that energy now, you won't have any energy left for later.

Why else do you think those aliens keep invading in those sci-fi flicks?

Just plain dumb.

A world class marathon runner can run himself out in a mile and a world class weightlifter can turn his muscles to jelly with a few squats.

It's not about poor cardio; it's about physics. Regardless of how much energy you have on hand, if you use all of that energy now, you won't have any energy left for later.

Exactly. Silva HAS cardio, but he isn't very good at preserving it. Probably the same reason he got KO'd by DHK. He needs to slow his pace and have shorter bursts of offense rather than going crazy the whole fight. He isn't good enough to overwhelm fighters consistently.

Just plain dumb.

Well that's true but I don't think that means that the poster you were replying to is necessarily wrong. On the other hand, I think it's pretty clear that Silva has mediocre cardio and he didn't fight intelligently. Also, not really sure what the fuck you're talking about there re: aliens invading.

I thought Brown would beat him but not be in any danger despite Silva being the 1 round wonder he is

I don't get the thing about invading aliens

I thought the fight could go either way....I don't think Silva's chin is that great, and he doesn't have the gas tank to throw for 5 full rounds, so Brown definately had a chance to win later on in the fight. I thought it was over a couple of times when Silva hit Brown to the body, but he powered though and dominated later on.

I would say he didn't even have cardio for 1 full round.. More like 3 minutes

Maybe Silva is having bad weight cuts or something.. Perhaps losing some muscle would help

Maybe he's just not that good.

I really didn't know who was going to win this fight going in. I thought either Silva would dominate Brown quickly in the first or Brown would grind him down and beat him up.

Didn't consider both scenarios playing out by Brown surviving an early domination to come back and wreck Silva.

Ah, the clarity of hindsight.

I had Matt, but I was amazed that he was able to have cardio after those body shots. When that kick landed I was like "welp, there goes my $20" but he pulled it out. Great fight.

I don't get the thing about invading aliens

Energy. Aliens gas so they come take ours. They're using Earth to get through rounds 4-5. That's the only reason Will Smith was able to get the KO.

Power + cardio > reach + knowledge

welcome-to-earth-o.gif

Energy. Aliens gas so they come take ours. They're using Earth to get through rounds 4-5. That's the only reason Will Smith was able to get the KO.

Power + cardio > reach + knowledge

welcome-to-earth-o.gif

Could not have said it better.

Thanks for the assist.

Back