Who saw that coming ? (Brown vs. Silva)

Exactly. Silva HAS cardio, but he isn't very good at preserving it. Probably the same reason he got KO'd by DHK. He needs to slow his pace and have shorter bursts of offense rather than going crazy the whole fight. He isn't good enough to overwhelm fighters consistently.

To be fair, all he did was ride the back of brown for a few minutes, when they stood up late in the first round he looked gassed already.

Could not have said it better.

Thanks for the assist.

Are you guys the same fucking poster? I have a hard time believing that anyone caught on to your aliens line. Also, please address my original reply.

Silva fights with reckless abandon and uses all his energy in trying to finish. You can fix ignorance but stupid is forever.

The fight went about how I expected. Slva was either going to finish early or get worn down by Brown. I was surprised by just how quickly Brown was able to turn the tabels on Silva though.

Lombard is a great example of a guy Silva should learn from. Lombard has poor cardio but manages it well by fighting in short bursts and taking time to recover. Silva has to use this kind of game plan to continue.

The point about marathon runners was spot on, even the best conditioned athlete will gas very, very quickly and struggle to recover if they overexert themself. The aliens thing... not so much, but points for creativity I guess.

Are you guys the same fucking poster? I have a hard time believing that anyone caught on to your aliens line. Also, please address my original reply.

'twas a joke.

CoachPro got it, you didn't. That's fine.

I was just illustrating my physics point: Once you've used up all of your energy, it's gone. It doesn't matter how much you started with, once it's exhausted, it's gone until you go get more.

And that's why Aliens are always attacking Earth in those sci-fi films. They use up all their energy like there's no tomorrow, don't bother to conserve, and end up running out... so they come to Earth to get more.

Ditto for fighters who don't manage their energy in the early going of a fight. They blow through everything they have and, since there's no Taco bar in the cage between fights, that's it. It's gone. They don't have any access to more energy. Having 'good cardio' doesn't change this.

You might have twice the cardio and twice the energy available to you as the guy you're fighting... but if you decide to use all of that energy in the first round, you're screwed.

He is a fucking welterweight, no matter what you or your opponent does. You should have more cardio than for 1 rounds, especially at that age.

I think Brown did a good job of not getting submitted, got up, then Silva got hit in the head. Then Brown turned it the fuck on.

'twas a joke.

CoachPro got it, you didn't. That's fine.

I was just illustrating my physics point: Once you've used up all of your energy, it's gone. It doesn't matter how much you started with, once it's exhausted, it's gone until you go get more.

And that's why Aliens are always attacking Earth in those sci-fi films. They use up all their energy like there's no tomorrow, don't bother to conserve, and end up running out... so they come to Earth to get more.

Ditto for fighters who don't manage their energy in the early going of a fight. They blow through everything they have and, since there's no Taco bar in the cage between fights, that's it. It's gone. They don't have any access to more energy. Having 'good cardio' doesn't change this.

You might have twice the cardio and twice the energy available to you as the guy you're fighting... but if you decide to use all of that energy in the first round, you're screwed.

Yeah, but my point was that Silva's cardio is clearly piss-poor and that would, obviously, compound the problem you've brought up. I just don't agree that there's any basis to say his cardio is good, so it seems stupid to isolate pacing as his primary problem.Also, that was the entire basis of my initial post - so I'm not quite sure why you decided to just reiterate the same shit you had originally wrote, except spread out over 5ish sentences.

Back