Who looked worse? Jones vs OSP or DC vs Anderson

Love DC but he fought like a bitch.

DC vs Anderson, but I'm told he was taking it easy so... who knows.

DC was in a lose lose situaiton

Lose - obviously he´d get hate and people would say he lost to an out of prime AS
Win - and still be shit on for fighting a smart fight without taking risky chances

There´s just no winning there for him with these idiots. It def seemed like he took it a bit easier on AS, was more of a fun fight than a brutal slaughtering, but still AS has a really underrated and a fantastic defensive ground game, the way he immobilizes the attackers is just fantastic.

If you dont believe me, go check out all of his fights, you´ll barely ever see him bleed or have any damage on him - even against Chael, he´s so good at slipping avoiding, and preventing damage while opponent is getting tired and he can get red to get em stand up.

People have to consider that when you´ve prepared for one opponent and then you get a completly new one really soon you´re just not in the same mental state. I know that feeling coz ive trained UFC for a long time and ive been a kid where i was told i´d get my fav dinner and i was excited, but then it was just left overs and i felt like DC and Jones, sloppy, just trying ot get through it, and thats it.

The GLARING problem is that OSP has got straight Molly Whopped by other elite fighter and it happened when he had a full camp. Jones had the longest camp of his life, got an OSP str8 off the couch and could never put him in danger. Glover and Jimi mopped the floor with full camp OSP and Jones played paddy cake and left in a wheel chair, struggled with taking him down and even got pieced up a bit.

We just might have to admit that the concerns are right: Jones in a mid road fighter under USADA.

DC casually walked through Silva collecting two 10-8 rounds and took virtually no damage. Nothing much more to say about it.

Jones picked apart OSP for five rounds, also taking virtually no damage and sweeping the score cards. Suppose you could say ring rust but that was not a competitive fight, it was a fairly lopsided ass kicking.

Much ado about nothing in both cases.

NEITHER guy looked bad at all tbh...

Jones was tentative, but won every round. Took one big shot the whole fight. Not overly impressive, but easily did what he needed to do to secure the win while sustaining minimal damage.

DC completely man-handled Anderson and controlled where the fight took place. Took one liver kick that made him wince at the end of the fight, but STILL kept his composure and won handily.

Folks saying EITHER guy looked "terrible" are just letting their hate get in the way. Jones looked a bit 'off' and maybe rusty from the lay-off, but he still handled OSP easily. DC had a last minute switch of opponent, so he did exactly what he needed to do - Fight a smart fight and take Silva out of his game.

Not to mention Silva was holding onto Cormier like a baby Koala...Hard to pound a motherfucker out when he is hugging you from the bottom and holding on like his life depends on it...Which it did.lmao

Jones played paddy cake and left in a wheel chair, struggled with taking him down and even got pieced up a bit.

50-44
50-45
50-45

All three judges scored Jones for all 5 rounds. There is no version of reality where that was a remotely competitive fight.

Some folks have unrealistic expectations. OSP made a fine accounting of himself by surviving, but that is all he did.

Jones haters are absolutely fucking retarded.

D.C. For sure.. if they weighed about the same or near= Silva would've ko'd D.C. In 3 mins or less

50-44
50-45
50-45

All three judges scored Jones for all 5 rounds. There is no version of reality where that was a remotely competitive fight.

Some folks have unrealistic expectations. OSP made a fine accounting of himself by surviving, but that is all he did.
That's nice, and all three judges scored it for Vitor last weekend - your point?

Jones left in a wheelchair: fact.
Jones did not finish a fighter that has been mauled by other LHW's (Glover, Manuwa): Fact
Jones promptly got busted for juicin': Fact

Don't worry, homie, maybe Jones will be the first athlete in the history of time space to come back looking better after he got busted for juicin'. Maybe it actually was the dick pills and his unexplainable low T counts for the UFC 182 random testing were owing to him using yayo??? Yah, sure, I bet there is nothing to worry about.

Lol DC fought Anderson on short notice. When Jones was faced with short notice to fight Chael Sonnen he refused the fight and the whole card was cancelled. So there is that

LOL

DC was coasting, protecting Silva and his hands in a last-minute fight outside his division that meant nothing.
Jones was fighting a meaningful bout and couldn't do anything to a guy with a broken arm for 20some minutes.

Dominated every aspect of the fight (50 - 44) against a guy in his prime, and the same size as him.

image.JPG

jon-jones-ovince-saint-preux-ufc-197-3.jpg

Had to lay on top of a middleweight past their prime for a W.

daniel-cormier-anderson-silva-ufc-200-3.jpg

or
361E405400000578-3682895-image-a-87_1468124485581.jpg

I thought silva won that fight dc was done at the end.

Neither looked great but won easily. Funny how DC talked shit about how Jones looked against OSP, who took it on short notice. Then Anderson fights on 5 minutes notice coming off surgery and he looks like that..

That's nice, and all three judges scored it for Vitor last weekend - your point?

Now we're playing a game called 'stupid or liar.'

Vitor won a controversial decision and also lost at least one round according to the judges. Jones beat OSP in a clean sweep, all 5 rounds on all 3 score cards, including a 10-8. You mean to tell me you don't understand the difference between those two things without someone explaining it to you?

Don't worry, homie, maybe Jones will be the first athlete in the history of time space to come back looking better after he got busted for juicin'. Maybe it actually was the dick pills and his unexplainable low T counts for the UFC 182 random testing were owing to him using yayo??? Yah, sure, I bet there is nothing to worry about.

I don't understand what you are saying. If he was on PEDS in preparation for OSP, wouldn't that mean he should have looked his usual self? This thread is verbatim addressing 'who looked worse?' regarding Jones' fight with OSP, where presumably he looked bad.

So which is it? He was cheating and still looked bad? I don't even know what you are saying. I don't think you do either.

Cheers

They both won and were in no danger. But I thought both should have finished. If I had to pick , I'd go with Jones.

Back