who lifts weights and then does bjj?

I lift for about 45 minutes (4 days a week) and then go to practice right after. My bjj gym is directly across the street from my weightlifting gym so it works out well. It sucks sometimes but usually has a minimal impact on my rolling - I think the BJJ after lifting actually helps blood circulation.

The only reason I lift before class is that I'm usually exhausted and sore after rolling so lifting afterward isn't really practical.

I have lifted before hand and then feel tired and frusterated while rolling. I'm not some big strong guy either so I think from now on I will lift afterwards.

I usually lift 3 days a week, and on those days I will hit the weights around 11AM, and then go to a night class for BJJ.

I actually lift everyday before I roll, which is also everyday.

I get off work about 4:45 and get to the gym around 5. Then I lift till about 5:50 and then head to class. We stretch, warm-up and then learn a move and don't start actually rollin hard for about 30-40 mins.
Then I bring pain :icon_twis

I lift right before training... I've got about a 15 min break as I drive from my gym over to the academy... I do this 5 days a week. I tried lifting after training... but I couldn't do it... after training I either take an afternoon nap or I go to bed for the night...

I do (or did, on hiatus from lifting atm) right before as well. I'd rather be a bit tired when rolling than fuck up my form on a deadlift or squat. No thanks.

I'm in the gym at 5am. I superset all of my routine along with circuits on shoulder days. I also do 30 minutes of cardio on lifting days and an hour of cardio on non-lifting days. I'm fairly spent after that so I have to have around 12-14 hours between lifting and rolling.

i lift after class, 2 to 3 exercises, not too heavy

otherwise i have 1 or 2 lifting only days per week

Back