Who is your favourite Mortal Kombat 1 character?

Player Select

• Total voters

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I also used to play Mortal Kombat right when it came out. Sub Zero seems to always have been the most popular character. I have always liked Scorpion and he has been available in every game except MK3. Although he was kind of weak in MK1. But his special moves are cool, especially the spear is epic. Scorpion vs Sub Zero is always an intense match.

scorpion-mk1-toasty-fatality1.gif

Liu Kang is obviously based on Bruce Lee and I would say Raiden is at least partly derived from characters in TMA films of the 60s and 70s too. There is a Japanese thunder god called Raijin. Kano looks like The Terminator and Johnny Cage is derived from Jean Claude van Damme and other white TMA film stars.

Shadow Kick? Check.
Nut Punch? Check.
Sweet ass blade sunglasses? Check.

I always used Subzero, Scorpion or Liu Kang. That teleport punch from Scorpion was hard for people to deal with .

Man that was a really hard one. Scorpion and Raiden are both so God damn awesome. I ended up voting for Raiden though, because I actually like to use him more in that game

I would say Raiden is at least partly derived from characters in TMA films of the 60s and 70s too.
Nah he is based off a character in Big Trouble in Little Chinatown

7457398_4_l.jpg

d5ae7301e67e0b084c8dc1add863df05.gif

Last edited:
Tough one. Good question TS. I like Raiden. Loved playing this game at 7/11 back in the day after school

I always like Cage, solid combos and I would do the glitchy fatalities, I remember doing the tripple fatality

Sonya, obviously. Still my favorite. She is badass as fuck.

Man that was a really hard one. Scorpion and Raiden are both so God damn awesome. I ended up voting for Raiden though, because I actually like to use him more in that game

Nah he is based off a character in Big Trouble in Little Chinatown

7457398_4_l.jpg

d5ae7301e67e0b084c8dc1add863df05.gif

Yeah Raiden is probably my second favourite. He's fast too and his tp is faster than Scorpion's.

Johnny Cage cause of the movie

He is the sheriff in teen wolf now btw

I used to be best at 2 player battles with cage. If anyone jumped to me they'd get an uppercut. He was easiest to use for that.
Scorpion and sub couldnt.

Never played MK1 but in MK2 out of that roster of players it was Sub-Zero. Loved the freeze + uppercut combo.

I'm the only vote for kano. I'm fine with that.

Never played MK1 but in MK2 out of that roster of players it was Sub-Zero. Loved the freeze + uppercut combo.

yeah that's Sub Zero's bread and butter

I'm the only vote for kano. I'm fine with that.

Kano was ok.

Cage was pretty good, Liu Kang was the strongest in the first 2 games then he became average.

Edit: MK does have a very strong backstory, much better than SF2, in case anyone didn't know Scorpion was human and Sub Zero murdered him and his family then the gods sent him back from Hell to get revenge.

i would go with cage as well, though im better with him in part 2 because of the new moves. MK1 cage is still boss as hell.

Finally Sub Zero beats Scorpion in something. Lol so sick of Scorpion.

Back