Who is the next WW contender if Ellenberger beats Hendricks?

bbman182

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I personally think Ellenberger is a bad matchup for Hendricks who has done more than enough to earn a title shot. Should Johny lose, who would be on deck?

Only names that come to mind are Nate Marquardt, who hasn't earned a thing IMO, and Rory Macdonald, should he beat Condit.

Both are team mates of GSP as well.

Thoughts?

Hendricks, because he'd be coming off a loss.

GSP would have to move up to MW and fight someone while we have an old fashioned Grand Prix with the WW's, since Hendricks and Ellenberger fucked everything up

And Rory won't fight him, so MW is a great vacation for GSP I think

I think we can all agree that Sonnen did it right by getting his suspension out of the way early.

Time to pass on the belt and let the WW's fight it out.

It's time for St. Pierre to move up to the 185.

If he beats Hendricks, then Marquart becomes next in line after Diaz. Give him the Condit-MacDonald winner or the Fitch-Maia winner.

I think it depends on a few diff factors, if Maia puts away Fitch even close to similar to Rick Story, he would have to be in the title picture. If Ellenberger has a dominant win and Rory and or Condit win, they could face Ellenberger to setup a title shot for the winner.

What if GSP loses??

Time to pass on the belt and let the WW's fight it out.

It's time for St. Pierre to move up to the 185.

If GSP would've fought Hendricks in the Spring... and then Silva at catchweight in the Summer like he was supposed to then Diaz could have got a couple of wins and actually deserved a title shot... and the rest of the division would have had time to develop a couple of contenders. But obviously GSP singlehandedly fucked all that up.

I think it depends on a few diff factors, if Maia puts away Fitch even close to similar to Rick Story, he would have to be in the title picture. If Ellenberger has a dominant win and Rory and or Condit win, they could face Ellenberger to setup a title shot for the winner.

What if GSP loses??

Hendricks put Fitch away in 10 sec... and will have beat 3 top 10 opponents since then should he get past Ellenberger. Also Maia is not marketable at all.

Diaz is going to get GNP'd hardcore for 5 rounds... but I'll root for him just because GSP is on my shit list.

What if GSP loses??

GSP finishes this fight - Diaz is a quitter, when things don't go his way he stops fighting and starts being a baby. He's out of this sport after this fight. The guy is a mess, seriously. Great fighter, but he can't handle all the pressure, like he said, he never expected to get this far. Maybe it's all a bit too much for Diaz?

natemarquardt.jpg

Nate Marquardt = Top 10 WW going way back in 2001 !

29n7906.jpg

Back