Who is the next WW contender if Ellenberger beats Hendricks?

natemarquardt.jpg

Nate Marquardt = Top 10 WW going way back in 2001 !

29n7906.jpg

Look at the studs who voted in that poll

Marquardt vs. Ellenberger winner.

Hendricks then faces the winner of Condit vs. MacDonald and depending on the outcome of that fight and how he lost to Ellenberger could get a title shot.

I think Jake Ellenberger would get it. Johny Hendricks is the true current number one contender, so that would be a great win. Demian Maia beating Jon Fitch would work too, but his win over Dong Hyun Kim doesn't mean much. I can't see Fitch getting a title shot for being on a two fight winning streak (should he beat Maia).

I'd say Rory but he doesn't want to fight George.

If Ellenberger knocks out Hendricks brutally then Ellenberger!

Oh wait, but he got knocked out by Kampmann, so I guess Kampmann.

But Kampmann got knocked out by Hendricks hmmm.

Maia/Fitch winner should fight Marquardt after he wins his next fight to. Then that would be a clear WW contender and GSP won't be ready to fight til then anyway. I will be amazed in GSP ends up fighting on his next scheduled fight...Diaz dropping out or GSP getting injured again some how.

I will be amazed in GSP ends up fighting on his next scheduled fight...Diaz dropping out or GSP getting injured again some how.

The card is setup so that if something weird happens, Hendricks moves up to fill in for an injured or absentee fighter in the main event.

do we need to worry about this since hendricks is going to win

I guess the next WW contender would be the last guy to lose a LW title fight

I think it depends how each of the upcoming WW fights go. That is, whomsoever gets the most impressive win out of Marquardt, Maia, Fitch, Ellenberger, Condit, or RoryMac, will get the title shot. I don't think a split decision is going to get any of these guys a fight with GSP.

do we need to worry about this since hendricks is going to win

I could see Ellenberger employing the Rick Story game-plan... but I think Ellenberger is even stronger.

I think it depends how each of the upcoming WW fights go. That is, whomsoever gets the most impressive win out of Marquardt, Maia, Fitch, Ellenberger, Condit, or RoryMac, will get the title shot. I don't think a split decision is going to get any of these guys a fight with GSP.

If Fitch had 5 wins in a row and subbed Maia he still wouldn't get a title shot... and that makes me happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back