Who is the most overrated person in history?

Well, the Austrian school has zero excuses for sucking because they came about in the 20th century, well after economics was an established academic field.

Marx was an economist the same way Adam Smith and David Ricardo were. They couldn't run experiments or pore over complex data so they theorized about economic life. Marx's greatest insights were in examining the conditions of 19th-century capitalism.

He's also considered one of the founders of sociology so his fame is certainly well-earned.

You sir know your history of economic thought.

Not being Murican, why all the Obama hate?

Teddy Roosevelt, he’s a great character, his story is a lot of fun and he’s very quotable. There have been a bunch of great, entertaining books written about him and he’s a definite icon of masculinity.

Historically speaking, you could leave him out of American history and the story wouldn’t really change.

Not a fan of national parks and wildlife preserves, huh.

Not being Murican, why all the Obama hate?

Obama never followed up on his campaign promises. And Biden was worthless as VP. @elreece @uppercutbus

54acc39509391f1b272353c0fccedb44.jpg

Bruce Lee.

He was a great innovator and he deserves all the credit in the world for that. But people treat him like he's the greatest fighter to ever live and think he would beat Fedor or GSP and that just plain ignorant.

So I think he's pretty great but he's still overrated as hell.

Bruce Lee.

He was a great innovator and he deserves all the credit in the world for that. But people treat him like he's the greatest fighter to ever live and think he would beat Fedor or GSP and that just plain ignorant.

So I think he's pretty great but he's still overrated as hell.

I don't think he was some super amazing fighter (maybe when I was a child I did) but I think he's worthy of the admiration. He helped popularize Martial Arts in the 70s, he was (the first I think) mainstream Asian independent film maker, which allowed him to control the narrative. During which time he sorta bridged cultures with blacks and Asians (Jim Kelly, Kareem Abdul Jabar). His Jeet Kune Do philosophy was an early form of MMA.

Che Guevara...
How is he overated? ....it depends how some one sees him..he was a valuable commander in the battles vs the Batista government helped Castro seize Cuba. But I don't see him as a great philosopher of Communism like alot of the liberal commies in the west do if that's what you mean,?.

I don't think he was some super amazing fighter (maybe when I was a child I did) but I think he's worthy of the admiration. He helped popularize Martial Arts in the 70s, he was (the first I think) mainstream Asian independent film maker, which allowed him to control the narrative. During which time he sorta bridged cultures with blacks and Asians (Jim Kelly, Kareem Abdul Jabar). His Jeet Kune Do philosophy was an early form of MMA.
Yup in that regard he's not overrated at all.

But too many people can't separate his real accomplishments with his fake ones. There's so many Urban myths surrounding the guy it's unreal. My favorite was some guy that said his company used a machine to measure reaction time, and Bruce Lee came in to do the test and he punched so fast that nobody even saw him move, yet the machine registered it or something like that. Just complete and utter bullshit. Or people talk like he can beat top fighters even though he never fought competitively.

Nelson Mandela. Dude was a piece of shit

Back