Who is the lightweight GOAT?

Who is the lightweight GOAT?

• Total voters
Come back with an intelligent response.

2rdeqo5.jpg

10_UFC118_Edgar_Penn_08.jpg

451785260.jpg

I have ZERO use for BJ Penn. LOL...My FAVOURITE UFC moment was his corner stopping the fight, against GSP after 4 rounds. " To the death, Georges ".

But I respect the fuck out of what he did in the octagon.

I voted BJ Penn... And imo, it's not even close.

2n67jpv.jpg

He wasn't robbed, but he edged Benson by a cunt hair. However, there shouldn't have been a rematch, I thought Benson won the first fight.

I gave Edgar four rounds to one in the rematch. Frankie out grappled him, and out struck him, and even scored a knock down. I can't find a single person who ever gave that fight to Benson other than two judges:

Capture.png

For me it's obviously B.J. Penn. We are talking about the most dominant lightweight champion of all time.

He beat Gomi, destroyed Sherk, choked out Kenflo, dominated Diego (who was legit AF at the time), and ran through Joe Daddy like nothing.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m17kgfw4mt1qfrkf9o1_250.gif

I guess I'd go Penn right now too. It's not as solidified as the other divisions. FW - Aldo WW - GSP MW - Anderson LHW - Jones HW - Fedor

These are about universal right now.

I have ZERO use for BJ Penn. LOL...My FAVOURITE UFC moment was his corner stopping the fight, against GSP after 4 rounds. " To the death, Georges ".

But I respect the fuck out of what he did in the octagon.

I voted BJ Penn... And imo, it's not even close.

2n67jpv.jpg
14819610651424535.gif

BJ Penn is the right answer. Though I respect Frankie Edgar for sure but he has never had that "X" factor like BJ.

Could have been RDA. The run he went on was nuts. Bendo, Nate, Pettis, Cowboy.

No answer to this one, all of em contradict the other somehow.

Obviously BJ Penn.

His destruction of Sherk, Stevenson, and Sanchez was flawless.

He also beat Matt Hughes two out of three times which was at one point the WW goat.

He also arguably beat GSP in the first fight.

Until i'm dead and gone i'll go to the grave saying he beat Frankie in the 1st fight.

MEDIA SCORES
MMAJunkie.com 48-47 Edgar
Greg Savage
Sherdog.com 47-48 Penn
Josh Gross
SI.com 47-48 Penn
MMAMania.com 47-48 Penn
Brent Brookhouse
BloodyElbow.com 47-48 Penn
Jordan Breen
Sherdog.com 47-49 Penn
FightMetric.com 47-49 Penn
Mike Fridley
Sherdog.com 46-49 Penn
Jack Bratcher
ProMMANow.com 46-49 Penn

This.

I respect Penn and he is the lw GOAT! Never been a fan though. Rooted against him many times, including vs GSP 2x. But credit given where it's due. Penn is the man.

BJ of course. Unfortunately he never trained like he did for Diego for every fight

This is kinda a myth. Penn was always in pretty good shape when he fought at LW (until he lost to Frankie the second time) NOT just when he was training with Marinovich. The Penn that destroyed Sherk and Joe Stevenson was just as good and in shape as the Penn that destroyed Kenny and Diego with Marinovich.

Penn's problem was when he moved up in weight he would gas. At LW he was fine

Back