• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Who is the Greatest MMA fighter of all-time?

Who is the Greatest MMA fighter of all-time?

• Total voters
pck8Sco.gif

It happens when anyone fights too long, but shouldn’t he mainly be judged in what he accomplished? He was a shadow of himself at the end, but still earned a TS twice in the #2 MMA promotion in the world. It’s not like he sucked or anything.
can't ignore those losses homie. I couldn't believe it when i saw in the OP that he is a 7 losses 6 by ko/tko. :( fighters tarnish their own legacies all the time is normal. GSP did not do that.

can't ignore those losses homie. I couldn't believe it when i saw in the OP that he is a 7 losses 6 by ko/tko. :( fighters tarnish their own legacies all the time is normal. GSP did not do that.
4 actual knockouts. One of those TKO losses was the “loss” to TK because of a cut, the other was the fight stoppage against Bigfoot. He’s been stopped by strikes 4x: Hendo, Mitrione, Bader x 2.

GSP left at the right time, true. After the Hendricks fight he walked away before he got to to the same age Fedor was when he first lost.

Personally, I try to compare fighters by accomplishments. If GSP or whoever stuck around as long as Fedor, then I’d compare those periods of time.

Yeah, some fair points but I would disagree that Gaethje and Poirier, his two best wins, are still ruling over the LW division. Names like Barboza, Johnson, RDA, Poirier, McGregor and Gaethje are impressive ones to have and the dominant way in which he beat them needs to be considered too. Retiring without a blemish is unheard of in MMA too, even if he should have an L on his record from that Tibau fight (and he should).
I don’t agree about the tibau fight. And if Gaethje and Poirier aren’t ruling over the division then why is poirier the most recent title contender and Gaethje now Max Holloway’s claim to a title fight at featherweight? I ask that rhetorically. Just saying they’re clearly still highly regarded and supporting with immediately recent evidence.

But yea, otherwise big high fives on Khabib for GOAT.

Jones is incredible and so was Fedor, but they both have marred elements of their career. Fedor’s late post-prime career has been abysmally awful, and as much as I have celebrated him throughout his career, I can’t act like that doesn’t hurt his memory.

And jones, just the problems. So many fucking problems in and out of sport. Getting caught drug cheating. Posting up weirdly competitive fights against guys he should have destroyed.

There’s a lot to celebrate about all these guys, i just Khabib to be the cleanest call.

I don’t agree about the tibau fight. And if Gaethje and Poirier aren’t ruling over the division then why is poirier the most recent title contender and Gaethje now Max Holloway’s claim to a title fight at featherweight? I ask that rhetorically. Just saying they’re clearly still highly regarded and supporting with immediately recent evidence.

But yea, otherwise big high fives on Khabib for GOAT.

Jones is incredible and so was Fedor, but they both have marred elements of their career. Fedor’s late post-prime career has been abysmally awful, and as much as I have celebrated him throughout his career, I can’t act like that doesn’t hurt his memory.

And jones, just the problems. So many fucking problems in and out of sport. Getting caught drug cheating. Posting up weirdly competitive fights against guys he should have destroyed.

There’s a lot to celebrate about all these guys, i just Khabib to be the cleanest call.
He was obviously super dominant, but I think Khabib only has like 5 ranked wins. His overall resume is pretty thin, and literally every other divisional GOAT has at least double (or more) the number of ranked wins that Khabib does. I actually rank every single fighter mentioned in this poll above Khabib.

Last edited:
Fedor fought in PRIDE. Jones and A. Silva got busted for roids.

It's just GSP. He cleaned out his division twice, and fought killers in their prime.

Last edited:

It's just GSP
Getting busted for PEDs I don't think should DQ because the honest real truth is they all have to be on something. It's just a matter of testing positive. I guess people can be naive enough to think that GSP is natty and that he left right before USADA because he was just not feeling it anymore.

Reactions: TCE
So anyone who's ripped in automatically on steroids? Bottom line is Bones and Silva tested positive, GSP didn't.

Saying they all have to be on something is completely false, guys like Bisping, Nelson, Diaz bros and Penn to name a few clearly didn't take PEDs.

Nagonnou. No one in mma could do anything to him.
He was winning Wilder also until he lost.

It's just GSP. He cleaned out his division twice, and fought killers in their prime.

Anderson got busted after his nasty leg break. I'll give him the benefit of doubt that he used to heal up quicker. Anderson has never been a jacked guy to look at.

GSP retired right before USADA got involved. How convenient.

So anyone who's ripped in automatically on steroids? Bottom line is Bones and Silva tested positive, GSP didn't.

Saying they all have to be on something is completely false, guys like Bisping, Nelson, Diaz bros and Penn to name a few clearly didn't take PEDs.
It's not just ripped. Making weight, recovery, stamina, muscle building, etc. People conflate PEDs with muscle building only. You can be successful in sports without them but you know how hard it would be to be the very best at something without anything at all. It's like how everyone thought Lance Armstrong was amazing until he wasn't.

No GSP didn't test positive and I can't prove it but I am also aware of the way things work. I really wish we would stop the façade of athletes being pure and natural.

Back