Who is the greatest fighter of all time?

Who is the greatest fighter of all time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anderson got finished by WWs in his prime including one with a losing record.

He got outstruck by Ryo Chonan lmao

GSP tapped to strikes against a LW.

PRIDE and Strikeforce had the best HWs when Fedor was with them.

LOL yeah he was fighting in the org with Barnett, Mirko, Nog, Sergei, Werdum, Hunt, Aleks etc. to avoid Murr, Arlovski, Sylvia, Vera, Buentello, Allers hahahahahahahaa

HWs who were terrible fighters. Saku was far better and beat great fighters.
Saku is nowhere near the GOAT discussion. And Fedor ducked UFC when Brock, Cain, Carwin and JDS were in their prime. He was too scared to even fight Reem.

Anderson constantly did things his own people said he couldnt do in the gym if he tried a million times.

The timing of the Bonnar knee, Vitor kick, distance awareness and reflex from Forrest fight, accuracy and unpredictability vs Irvin, unrealistic amounts of heart vs Chael, and vs Weidman 2 (coming back from an injury like that to fight your kryptonite), toughness vs Lutter and Hendo, behind the back oblique kicks, crescent kicks, scissor kicks, side kicks, catch and pitch counters, simultaneous counters, stiff jabs, and for a while was incredible at baiting people.

He over achieved in the octagon compared to his performance in the gym. Which is an incredible feat.

Said Fedor for years but on paper it's GSP > Fedor > Anderson

Fedor damaged his legacy with the losses in strikeforce where as GSPs list of opponents and win/loss ratio has to put him top. I hate to admit that because he is my least favourite fighter of all the contenders for top spot. Fedor gets a lot of votes because he is so much better to watch I think.

Real shame Bones is wasting his prime years because I think he could have easily surpassed them all.

same as every poll i see. fedor at 40% gsp and silva at 25%. GOATS don't lose to WW cans in their prime, or get cut from PRIDE. whats the % chance of a can landing a flying heal hook on you. one in a billion?

But Fedor did it at HW where the risk is higher vs some of the most iconic HWs in MMA history.

Big Nog
AA
Mirko
Coleman
Randleman

Ill just stop there but all prime guys.

Nope, but people here ridicule anybody who doesn't agree that Fedor is the GOAT without realizing this is his unofficial fan club.

The fact is that during Fedor's prime, MMA, especially not anything outside of Zuffa, did not exist anywhere on mainstream media. So, the early adopters who were watching the entire MMA landscape at the time were watching the amazing career of Fedor, and had to come to places like Sherdog to talk about it. MMA was kept alive by the internet, and that was also the age of Fedor. Sure there are plenty of schumck Fedor fans, but that doesn't detract from what people saw Fedor doing for many years. We all saw what Silva and GSP did too starting in the mid 2000's, and what Jones did, but Fedor's run was the greatest. And the disrespect and misinformation bleated back, by rote, by Zuffa zombies against Fedor starting in July of 2008 made some of his fans salty on here.

The fact is that during Fedor's prime, MMA, especially not anything outside of Zuffa, did not exist anywhere on mainstream media. So, the early adopters who were watching the entire MMA landscape at the time were watching the amazing career of Fedor, and had to come to places like Sherdog to talk about it. MMA was kept alive by the internet, and that was also the age of Fedor. Sure there are plenty of schumck Fedor fans, but that doesn't detract from what people saw Fedor doing for many years. We all saw what Silva and GSP did too starting in the mid 2000's, and what Jones did, but Fedor's run was the greatest. And the disrespect and misinformation bleated back, by rote, by Zuffa zombies against Fedor made some of his fans salty on here.
Fedor got knocked out by a LHW can

Anderson. The guy came in in 3 days notice and beat on the current LHW champ. Fedor is getting beat up and GSP can't decide if he's coming back or not. GSP and Fedor are tarnishing their legendary careers, while Silva is still fighting the best of the best and competing.

If the DC/Silva fight was 5 rounds, it would have gone the spiders way.

Fedor got knocked out by a LHW can

did you act the same punk ass way at your high school reunion when the cool kids were reliving the interesting things they did in high school while you were at home reading books about vikings and trolls?

USADA will be unmatchable GOAT by 2017. Taking out legends and champions at every turn.

The guy who just got knocked out then awoken by ensuing punches from a LHW can will get the most votes, the sherdog voting poll doesn't dictate who's GOAT because it's just a bunch of fan boys living in a dream world.
The irony about living in a dream world haha.

Sherdog/online polls across the board? Check.
Pro fighters being interviewed while not promoting a card featuring Anderson or Jones or GSP? Check.
Brazilian polls? Check.

Fedor wins them all. The only world where it isn't unanimous is "please disregard all other reality except what we tell you to think" Zuffa marketing. The same marketing that declared Jones the GOAT a week ago and then instantly switched to Anderson because he was on the card while Jones wasn't. The most transparent "dream world" in the universe.

did you act the same punk ass way at your high school reunion when the cool kids were reliving the interesting things they did in high school while you were at home reading books about vikings and trolls?
Wow, that was very detailed, is that your life?

Anderson. The guy came in in 3 days notice and beat on the current LHW champ. Fedor is getting beat up and GSP can't decide if he's coming back or not. GSP and Fedor are tarnishing their legendary careers, while Silva is still fighting the best of the best and competing.

If the DC/Silva fight was 5 rounds, it would have gone the spiders way.

just LOL. GSP is tarnishing his career but Silva isn't? Also Silva beat on the current LHW champ? I want what you are smoking.

Fedor for me still. Jones has best chance to surpass him but screwed himself with 2+ year ban.

Tier 1: Fedor/Anderson/GSP
Tier 2: Jones/Aldo
Tier 3: Nog/Hughes/Hendo

GSP

For me, Anderson and Jones should be forever be removed as choices after they have both been caught using PED's. Anderson's use can sort of be excused due to the leg, but to me that excludes him.

At least with Fedor/GSP all you have is speculation, Jones and Anderson went ahead and removed all doubt.

Back