Who is the current strongest guy in MMA?

Its a SCIENTIFIC fact that you can have less muscle mass but have more efficient muscle out put = greater overall strength in that muscle . That's an indisputable fact. So to make a definitive comment that a heavyweight in mma will be the strongest because they're a heavyweight is wrong. Hell I personally think Hunt is the strongest, because I've seen him test his strength. But I wouldn't have based my decision just off him being in the heaviest weight class
Yes it's possible, but it's highly likely the strongest guy in MMA is a HW.

Hunto won some japanese contest if my memory serves me well

Obviously shawn jordan or hunt. Pudz is obviously juiced to the Gill.

I'm not speaking about Yoel specifically but to make a blanket statement that he couldn't be because he is a middleweight is inaccurate. The best example is Marius himself who was even as a champ considerably smaller than the 6'8 300lbs plus monsters who were weaker than him.

Its a SCIENTIFIC fact that you can have less muscle mass but have more efficient muscle out put = greater overall strength in that muscle . That's an indisputable fact. So to make a definitive comment that a heavyweight in mma will be the strongest because they're a heavyweight is wrong. Hell I personally think Hunt is the strongest, because I've seen him test his strength. But I wouldn't have based my decision just off him being in the heaviest weight class

Except Marius was about 300 lbs when he competed at WSM a little less but he was within 20 lbs of most competitors. Today the world's strongest men are Brian Shaw, Zydrunas Savickas, and Hafthor Bjornsson. Two of those men are over 6'8 all of them are above 6'3, and they all weigh in close to or above 400lbs.

It is scientifically impossible for any 185lb human in history to be stronger than one of those men. Or in your words Its a scientific fact if you take two men one 5'10 185 lbs the other 6'9 420 lbs the maximum potential strength of the larger man is many times greater than the smaller man. Let both men train ad infinitum and Yoel Romero will never in 100 years surpass Brian Shaw. In fact he won't even get close.

Except Marius was about 300 lbs when he competed at WSM a little less but he was within 20 lbs of most competitors. Today the world's strongest men are Brian Shaw, Zydrunas Savickas, and Hafthor Bjornsson. Two of those men are over 6'8 all of them are above 6'3, and they all weigh in close to or above 400lbs.

It is scientifically impossible for any 185lb human in history to be stronger than one of those men. Or in your words Its a scientific fact if you take two men one 5'10 185 lbs the other 6'9 420 lbs the maximum potential strength of the larger man is many times greater than the smaller man. Let both men train ad infinitum and Yoel Romero will never in 100 years surpass Brian Shaw. In fact he won't even get close.

You misunderstood everything. Try again

In the UFC, Shawn Jordan and Soa Palelei

Rampage was never the strongest.

In all of MMA, Mariusz Pudzianowski

Last edited:
Also functional strength is just another bro science legend. There is strength and then there is technique. Sometimes a guy with great technique like a exceptional wrestler such as Yoel Romero who has a decent amount of strength can take down and dominate larger stronger men through the use of technique.

Most gym bros will say oh Yoel has functional strength the big jacked dude spends all his time in the weight room building useless strength and he can't really use it. That's bullshit just because someone can take you down or hold you down does not mean he is stronger than you it just means he knows how to wrestle better.

If Yoel can bench, deadlift, squat, clean 380, 500, 600, 350 and some brute 6'4 310 lbs can do the same exercises by does 100 lbs more each time its pretty much a fact that man is stronger than yoel. Sure yoel might be able to do a few miscellaneous exercises better but the big guy is able to put up more weight in every major muscle movement.

Now unless this guy is an olympic wrestler in his side job Yoel is going to put him on his ass every time in a wrestling match just because yoel knows how to grapple its technique Yoel doesn't have some magical extra muscle power deep inside him that only comes out in "functional" situations his strength is his strength he just knows how to shoot a double really well.

Now some people either refuse to believe this in order to justify to themselves they are really stronger than the guys at the gym with 20 in guns putting up 400+ lbs in ever exercise, but the fact is you don't have some hidden "functional" strength that really makes you a stronger alpha male than your forbidden love. No hes just stronger than you, but that doesn't mean though proper knowledge and training you couldn't beat him in a wrestling or boxing match but he will always beat you in a power lifting competition no matter how much "functional" strength that comes with your lucky undies.

Now if your like Aleksandr Karelin and have the strength of a world class lifter and elite world class technique you go 13 years in international competiton without having a single point scored against you. But Karelin is just as strong inside of as outside of the weight room he put hours and hours of work in everyday and won the genetic lottery.

Also functional strength is just another bro science legend. There is strength and then there is technique. Sometimes a guy with great technique like a exceptional wrestler such as Yoel Romero who has a decent amount of strength can take down and dominate larger stronger men through the use of technique.

Most gym bros will say oh Yoel has functional strength the big jacked dude spends all his time in the weight room building useless strength and he can't really use it. That's bullshit just because someone can take you down or hold you down does not mean he is stronger than you it just means he knows how to wrestle better.

If Yoel can bench, deadlift, squat, clean 380, 500, 600, 350 and some brute 6'4 310 lbs can do the same exercises by does 100 lbs more each time its pretty much a fact that man is stronger than yoel. Sure yoel might be able to do a few miscellaneous exercises better but the big guy is able to put up more weight in every major muscle movement.

Now unless this guy is an olympic wrestler in his side job Yoel is going to put him on his ass every time in a wrestling match just because yoel knows how to grapple its technique Yoel doesn't have some magical extra muscle power deep inside him that only comes out in "functional" situations his strength is his strength he just knows how to shoot a double really well.

Now some people either refuse to believe this in order to justify to themselves they are really stronger than the guys at the gym with 20 in guns putting up 400+ lbs in ever exercise, but the fact is you don't have some hidden "functional" strength that really makes you a stronger alpha male than your forbidden love. No hes just stronger than you, but that doesn't mean though proper knowledge and training you couldn't beat him in a wrestling or boxing match but he will always beat you in a power lifting competition no matter how much "functional" strength that comes with your lucky undies.

Now if your like Aleksandr Karelin and have the strength of a world class lifter and elite world class technique you go 13 years in international competiton without having a single point scored against you. But Karelin is just as strong inside of as outside of the weight room he put hours and hours of work in everyday and won the genetic lottery.
nope

Shawn Jordan benches 275. Same as latifi, and the same as Mighty Mouse. They all bench teh 275. Fact.

Except Shawn Jordan holds the LSU record for bench weight to this very day at 610lbs.

Yoel weighs 210 when hes not fighting bruh.

Why do people suggest "No for gay jesus" when there are guys 80 lbs bigger than him in UFC?

I know why, same reason that Papy Abedi and Palhares would get votes.

cdd0bbaa358baacbfd7da1dd8c4a91195cdd2f10108cf408256c88ce0ecf0f14.jpg

Ive known Shawn Jordan since we were kids... The guy was benching 495, and squatting 500+ when we were teenagers. Can't speak to the other fighters on the roster but Shawn is definitely in the upper tiers as far as raw strength.

Yes, and Pudz has quite a few losses himself. What is your point? MMA skill level isn't the question here. It's physical strength. Latifi can do this:

I highly doubt a 185 lbs fighter is going to be the strongest guy in MMA outside of Pudz.

that's roughly the equivalent of 405 x 10 touch and go, not particularly impressive for a 200+ lb male

that's roughly the equivalent of 405 x 10 touch and go, not particularly impressive for a 200+ lb male

Lol - how in the world do you figure that? Most people find TnG much easier - especially on higher reps.

Shawn Jordan benches 275. Same as latifi, and the same as Mighty Mouse. They all bench teh 275. Fact.

I remember Florian saying that Jordan benched over 600 on the last card he was on. Fucking ridiculous if true, that's more than this guy does.

10903196_642975889181600_1864989255_n.jpg

Back