• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is the bigger waste of talent?

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cody Garbrandt or Rose Namajunas?
Faber too k advantage of the fact that Cody is a fatherless bastard and got him to hate a guy he didn't know that well in TJ and now he cant stop fighting emotional

Rose was dominating Andrade but then she got into her own head and lost that fight and now seems on her way out when she could have been the wmma goat.

Calling Cody talent is generous.

Jk, if he gets a face tat he could be goat

They were both champs... they reached the peak of their sports. Thats not exactly a waste of talent. They did what 99.99% of mma fighters cant do.

I gotta say GSP -- dude had all the potential in the world and looked great knocking out Jay Hieron and finishing Frank Trigg. After that, all he did was go on to become champion in 2 different weight classes on 2 different occasions with many dominant title defenses and then just retired. Dude could've been a legend...

They were both champs... they reached the peak of their sports. Thats not exactly a waste of talent. They did what 99.99% of mma fighters cant do.
Yeah, and they both did it by beating the person who at the time was considered the consensus divisional GOAT in dramatic fashion, one of them doing it twice and are both still quite young.

Definitely the greatest examples of wasted potential the sport has ever seen!!!! Lol ( sarcastic eye roll emojii)

I agree but both could have been champs a long time. Cody failed to defend his belt

I think there's a motivational problem when people become champions, they kind of hit their career goal, and then it's just about money afterwards and people don't train with the same passion as when they were chasing the dream ... Fighters act like its about the money, but I think the dream drives way more fighters.

Thiago Silva and Warmachine

Only on Sherdog can "waste of talent" be used to describe someone who became the single best person in the world in his/her profession.

after that masterclass performance vs cruz i was pretty sure cody was going to be champ for a while. then he went full retard vs tj and never came back...

T.J was probably on EPO for both fights with Garbrandt, should be No Contests

Cain V

Why is Rose a waste of talent? Nobody expected her to beat JJ at all, never mind twice.

She was kicking Andrade ass, and would likely win in a rematch. Not to mention she's only 27.

Honestly it's the opposite, it's actually amazing Garbrandt went that far with all his fight IQ issues. Cruz was a gigantic victory, but that's also his only relevant win.

Only on Sherdog can "waste of talent" be used to describe someone who became the single best person in the world in his/her profession.

Nah. BJ was champ in two divisions yet I still think he never reached his full potential.

A waste of talent would be by definition someone who didn't fulfill their potential -- which should exclude 99% of former champions.

I will say out of the champs, though, Cain Velasquez. He was the prototypical new breed HW and easily in the running for GOAT status had he just been able to stay healthy in his prime.

Back