Who is the best kicker right now in the UFC?

HW Overeem
LHW Jones
MW Adesanya
WW Wonderboy
LW Barboza
FW Yair
BW Moraes

That and he has no variety of kicks. When was the last time Aldo landed a head kick, body kick, spinning kick, etc. He only has leg kicks that come out on every leap year.

Uhm, but maybe if they were less varied but more effective one could still make an argument.

Like it's safe to say Conor is (was?) one of the better punchers even if I rarely see him throw much more than straight left.

Or maybe it isn't safe and I'm just showing off my casual-ness I guess.

From what I've seen (I'm pretty casual still) it seems to me it's either Barboza, Wonderboy (his side kick is amazing) or Yair.

I heard wonders about José Aldo's leg kicks but he doesn't seem to be using them more recently.
Aldo hasn't kicked much for years because of injuries. He's injured his feet a bunch of times and I think his knees too. I think KZ was the last time he threw more than a few kicks in a fight.

Good grief...

he is pretty unathletic, I think most guys could get off the couch and do that in a month or two and that's him after a few years of training after being in the wwe.

Uhm, but maybe if they were less varied but more effective one could still make an argument.

Like it's safe to say Conor is (was?) one of the better punchers even if I rarely see him throw much more than straight left.

Or maybe it isn't safe and I'm just showing off my casual-ness I guess.
No, not casual at all. I get what you're saying but what I was doing is ruling Aldo out by both standards. He's known for his leg kicks, which he rarely ever throws anymore. So not only has his bread and butter been super ineffective for a long time, but he has no other variety. Not a top 5 kicker in my opinion, based on that.

From what I've seen (I'm pretty casual still) it seems to me it's either Barboza, Wonderboy (his side kick is amazing) or Yair.

I heard wonders about José Aldo's leg kicks but he doesn't seem to be using them more recently.
All those guys are amazing choices.
Yair and barboza have real pop. All their kicks are lethal. Thompson has amazing kicks too. They don't look or sound as hard as the others but he's put fools to sleep before. Aldo and barboza leg kicks are disgusting. Also Santos has filthy kicks. Think barboza but bigger... And slower he's a lhw. But a very fast lhw.

UFC: Thompson
MMA as a whole: Lima (Bellator)
If we're talking MMA overall, my vote will always be for Lyoto Machida.

He finished a hall-of-famer with the first ever UFC front kick KO, and then another legend using a kick literally taken from a movie.

FelineCleanIrishwaterspaniel-max-1mb.gif
I'm pleased he didn't finish that clown in the first 2 minutes.

Gotta go with Barbosa

Most kick finishes goes to Cerrone and he's also my pick for the best kicker. His kicks might not be as flashy or aesthetically pleasing but they're damn effective. 7 head kick finishes in the UFC. He also has great low kicks and nearly finished Eddie with them. He dropped Al with a front kick and badly hurt Miller with a body kick (would have been stopped if the ref didn't mistake it for a groin shot).

cerrone , barboza , wonderboy, yair . holm , waterson . in no particular order . slightly off topic remeber hendos head kick against lombard

Aldo hasn't kicked much for years because of injuries. He's injured his feet a bunch of times and I think his knees too. I think KZ was the last time he threw more than a few kicks in a fight.
He doesn't throw kick anymore because his boxing and defense has gotten good enough that he doesn't need to, especially since kicking saps more energy than punching.

I'll go with Justin. No flash, nothing fancy just straight to the point in trying to cripple and break your leg off. Every opponent has trouble w his kicks.

Back