Who is more skilled in their respective martial art base, Holly(boxing) or Ronda(Judo)?

Who is more skilled fighter in their respective martial art base, Ronda(Judo) or Holly(Boxing)?

• Total voters
Holly is considered top 10 alltime as a female boxer so her. But female judo has a much better talent pool. Holly was mostly fighting cans in New Mexico just look at the records of most those fighters. She fought like 4 decent fighters and the only good boxer she fought she was 1-1 with 2 FOTYs with and got KTFO in one of them and overall outfought through 2 fights.

I hope people talking shit about Ronda only getting a bronze metal realize she was like six years younger than all the other medalists in her division. That she was able to compete on that level at such a young age against women in their physical prime at all proves how prodigal she really was at judo.

I'm not an expert, but from what I've seen of their MMA fights Ronda's Judo has been much more effective than Holm's boxing, which I've found to be underwhelming.

As far as I am aware women's Judo is very competitive, more so than women's boxing if I'm not mistaken.

You don't know what you're talking about.
The talent pool of women's judo in a medium town in a Judo nation like Japan or Europe is deeper than anything Holm has ever faced in boxing.

Based on what exactly?

I hope people talking shit about Ronda only getting a bronze metal realize she was like six years younger than all the other medalists in her division. That she was able to compete on that level at such a young age against women in their physical prime at all proves how prodigal she really was at judo.

That still doesnt answer the question tho.
Holly was Champ, the top, the best. Ronda wasnt.

I'm not an expert, but from what I've seen of their MMA fights Ronda's Judo has been much more effective than Holm's boxing, which I've found to be underwhelming.

As far as I am aware women's Judo is very competitive, more so than women's boxing if I'm not mistaken.

But the question was, who was better in their respective sport.
That would be Holly, as she was a multiple time champion in her respective sport. Ronda was not. Gold is the top, not bronze.

Based on what exactly?
A woman can take up boxing at age 20 and still become world champion and top 20 at boxrec.com.
Let her take up judo at age 20 and see how far she gets.
No chance of making the national women's team in a nation where judo is big.
The girls have all been training since age 7-13 twice a day, every day.

Source: personal observation

That still doesnt answer the question tho.
Holly was Champ, the top, the best. Ronda wasnt.

But the question was, who was better in their respective sport.
That would be Holly, as she was a multiple time champion in her respective sport. Ronda was not. Gold is the top, not bronze.

Level of competition is more relevant to skill.

If you face lesser competition, it's easier to rise to the top. If you face tougher competition, it's not as easy.

Ronda and it's not even close. There are several reasons Ronda's judo is better than Holly's boxing.

1. Judo is the most popular martial art in the world and it's stacked and highly competitive.

Female boxing is mostly made up of soccer moms, with a few good athletes sprinkled in.

2. There's no ducking in competitive judo and you have no choice in who you are matched up with.

Boxing is filled with fighters with padded records. Padding a record is how fighters get ranked. Holly never fought the best of her era so someone ducked somebody and even if it wasn't her, the fights never happened.

3. Ronda traveled all over the world and was booed in countless countries. She excelled in hostile territory and that honed her mental focus.

The majority of Holly's fights were in her hometown with all of her supporters there to cheer her on.

4. Ronda won an Olympic medal.

Nothing Holly achieved in boxing compares to qualifying for 2 Olympics and winning a medal.

Judo translates better to mma than boxing because it's a grappling art. Holly is not entirely a boxer though, as she uses a lot of kicks. Where Holly excels is in her footwork and ability to cut angles.

Far more women practice judo than boxing.

They have pretty similar accolades actually -- both were very good at their respective sports -- but not the best. However, Ronda's judo accomplishments are more impressive because the female boxing talent pool is so shallow.
I'd go with Ronda but that statement is ridiculous

Do people not know that Womens boxing in the Olympics only started in the last Olympics? For amateurs only?

If Mike Tyson agreed to fight Royce Gracie at UFC 1 and got choked out, does it mean that:

A) Royce is better in BJJ than Tyson is in boxing?

or

B) BJJ translates better into MMA than boxing.

There was NO Olympic women's boxing until 2012 people....

There was not Olympic Judo when ROnda's mom was world champion or she would have medaled for the USA way before Ronda took 3rd/4th place.

Holly could have done better than ROnda's consolation bronze if there was Olympic boxing for women back in 2008.

Its not only about the olympic's; women has been very noticeable present in judo for 130 years, american and european females started to travel to japan to learn judo from around 1885.

Who the fuck does Judo? Seriously?

Boxing has way more talent and competitors than Judo. Holly was the champion of a deeper talent pool in boxing, Ronda wasn't even the best at Judo.

Holly Bless
I realize that you are either dumb or a troll, but a ton of people the world over do Judo. Not as much as boxing sure, but the competition in Judo is plenty stiff

Back