Who in UFC can go BOX and beat top level competition

34 year old Chavez Jr. was coming off a win and took Canelo to a decision 4 years ago. Put some respect on the Spider’s name you known Silva hater

Also, Anderson > Hendo > Fedor

With that said, I will give credit where it's due.

It was a very impressive win. Chavez Jr is completely washed up, and an embarassment to the sport of boxing. They say apple doens't fall far from the tree, but it sure did.

But I was very impressed by what Anderson has done. But likely he's on something though, I'd be shocked if he wasn't. He hasn't looked good in YEARS, and a guy who pissed TWICE without drug testing?

But I give props to where it's due. I was very impressed. Chavez didn't come to fight, but it's his fault.

giphy.gif

And no one in UFC can go box and beat top level competition. Pretty delusional.

I bet Anderson Silva wasn't drug tested either. Well, just like pre-usada before he pissed hot I guess.

Now we're talking PEDs lmao, nice excuse. You think most boxers are clean athletes? Grow up

Watching Silva do well in Boxing really got me thinking about who else in mma can go to Boxing right now and do well.

Obviously I am talking about mma guys in there prime competing against prime boxers.

Henry Cejudo always talks about Boxing Ryan Garcia but I think he just joking. I could see someone like Max Hollaway doing well in boxing

About as many who could play in the NBA, MLB, NFL, or given the recent discussion of Khabib and World Cup football, any premier soccer league.

Petr Yan, Holloway, Adesanya, Masvidal, maybe Poirier, maybe Till, Ngannou. Not saying they would beat top guys in their prime, but they might make it competitive against some low/mid-level guys.

No knees allowed in boxing <Eek2.0>

Jr didn't look that bad over the years. What can you do when you dad is one of the goats

I would love to see Ngannou vs old man amir Mansour. He showed so much hearth against one of the hardest hitters I've ever seen.

Just wanna see Ngannous face and how he reacts when a guy can take his punch.

TJ used to sparr with Loma, he isnt beating the top 130's, but he might do alright.

Holloway, Aldo, Masvidal, Yan, Poirier, Adesanya did great in KB he might translate OK, neither is top level but they can box imo.

Chavez jr isn't no top level competition. He's as washed up as BJ Penn.
He never got to BJ Penn level even in his prime, not a good comparison. BJ Penn in his prime was the best in the world.

Ngannou, Halloway, Yan, Poirer, Conor, would be the top picks right now. Others may also be able to compete if they focused more on their boxing. Masvidal was a choice before but his recent fight with Usman he didn't show the best boxing offense/defense and kept getting hit with the 1-2 over and over again. That's one of the main weapons/combos in pure boxing. Stipe before would've been a decent choice, but his recent fight showed his boxing skills declined a bit. Garbrandth was a choice before but had a hard time with Font's jab, which will give him a hard time in pure boxing vs high level boxers.

TJ used to sparr with Loma, he isnt beating the top 130's, but he might do alright.

Holloway, Aldo, Masvidal, Yan, Poirier, Adesanya did great in KB he might translate OK, neither is top level but they can box imo.
He sparred once with Loma. He didn't do well and would get worked by other high level boxers. His style depends more on being able to throw kicks and not just pure boxing. He has a lot of holes in his defense and in his offense that Loma was able to easily expose when he decided to turn it up after TJ hit him hard which made Loma up the pressure/volume/intensity after getting hit hard.

One of Adesanya's weakness currently is his boxing. He wouldn't do well pure boxing with elite level boxers. He needs to develop an inside boxing game first and learn how to throw combinations instead of single strike counters and the hook counters that he used vs Whittaker and Costa. He'll need more than that vs high level boxers.

Does the mma fighter jump in immediately or does he trains strictly boxing for a few years before?

Back