Who in UFC are the main "Company Men"?

joeyp1

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Guys who just always turn up smelling of title shots.

im going...Sonnen, Vitor, Randy, BJ, Mir, Stann, Kenny Florian.

sonnen.jpeg

wanna know why im a gangster. i got beat twice, popped for drugs, convicted as a criminal and have lost more fights than ive finished....

net result... wound up with a title shot in a division ive never competed in, as a legitimate title prospect, a tv show and a nice job presenting. thats gangster.

When you say "company men" I think of the UFC brass. DFW, and the Fertitta bros.

As far as company men are concerned Franklin and sonnen come to mind

Rashad Evans is an honorable mention as well.

EDIT: Rashad Evans earned his title shots, I meant he is a company man in general.

Last edited:
Guys who just always turn up smelling of title shots.

im going...Sonnen, Vitor, Randy, BJ, Mir, Stann, Kenny Florian.

sonnen.jpeg

wanna know why im a gangster. i got beat twice, popped for drugs, convicted as a criminal and have lost more fights than ive finished....

net result... wound up with a title shot in a division ive never competed in, as a legitimate title prospect, a tv show and a nice job presenting. thats gangster.

BJ isnt really a company man. He's had disputes with DW and actually is a pain in Danas ass sometimes according to him.

Chuck, Sonnen, Bisping, Hughes all spring to mind.

This

But we get it, Sonnen is spoon feed glory to sell ppv in southern'merica.
It sucks but that's that.

He's from Oregon, which is like the exact opposite of the South. And I don't mean just geographically.

Do you have some reason for thinking he is more popular in the South or just typing random nonsense?

Rashad Evans is an honorable mention as well.

He has been given two title shots, and he earned them both. If anything, Rashad should have fought for the title way before he did the second time around.

Same with Randy, thats why he isnt in any of the games because he wont give up his likeness rights. They are just super popular and will sell a PPV.

Lol nice, but Chael actually has fought at 205 before, just wasn't really successful.

Randy had extensive legal wranglings with the UFC, and Dana White basically said contract negotiations with Rashad are incredibly difficult, so I'm not sure why those guys are being listed.

He has been given two title shots, and he earned them both. If anything, Rashad should have fought for the title way before he did the second time around.

Oh sorry, I meant he was just a company man in general, I didn't read the OP. Rashad Evans most certainly earned his title shots.

Dont forget Tito as well.

I don't agree. For me "Company Men" suggests those that are loyal to the organization and whom Dana could rely upon. Tito may have seemed a "Company Man" in many respects such as his sycophantic rhetoric, but Tito was always more of a self-entity as opposed to being with the company. Dana just knew how to work those strings, and Tito placed the paycheck above all, IMO.

Oh sorry, I meant he was just a company man in general, I didn't read the OP. Rashad Evans most certainly earned his title shots.

Oh okay,

Yeah I agree with you, he definitely is a company man in the other sense.

Not that there is something wrong with being a "company man" with Dana as the president, with his hand on the button, ready to cut you whenever it suits him.

Machida lose 3 of his last 5 and hes still in contention

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back