Who in the world is the guy fighting Johnson?

AlabamaFan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So this Ali Baugtwhatever guy is fighting Mighty Mouse.........who is this guy? I'm sure he's a good fighter but like where in the world did he come from? I couldn't say one fight I remember him being in, he probably has fought on fight pass or something, I'm bot really sure. This ppv will sell terrible, like who is going to buy this ppv besides extremely hardcore fans who will buy anything?

I'm with you but I'll go ahead and admit that I don't give a crap about 125 pound division.

I followed that "let me goggle that for you" link and he has been on two PPVs but I probably fast forwarded through his fights...

See people this is how you make a quality thread.

Well done TS, you are an inspiration to us all.

I'm with you but I'll go ahead and admit that I don't give a crap about 125 pound division.

I followed that "let me goggle that for you" link and he has been on two PPVs but I probably fast forwarded through his fights...

MMA would be so much more enjoyable for you and everyone else with the same tastes if you learned to enjoy lighter weight classes. So many cards now days are filled with 155 and under fights.

Very good wrestler but Mighty Mouse will dispose of him in the 1st.

MMA would be so much more enjoyable for you and everyone else with the same tastes if you learned to enjoy lighter weight classes. So many cards now days are filled with 155 and under fights.

Nah man, way more fun to moan and whine any time there's a fight under 155.

So this Ali Baugtwhatever guy is fighting Mighty Mouse.........who is this guy? I'm sure he's a good fighter but like where in the world did he come from? I couldn't say one fight I remember him being in, he probably has fought on fight pass or something, I'm bot really sure. This ppv will sell terrible, like who is going to buy this ppv besides extremely hardcore fans who will buy anything?

MM is a damn exciting fighter.

He ain't no Aldo.

Sometimes a fighter gets a title shot and you go "why this guy?!" but Bagautinov has fought on 3 main cards now, 2 of them on PPV. This isn't John Moraga getting a title shot for YOLO sake.

Well, there was that Lineker kid who was crushing all his opponents but kept missing weight that UFC was pushing as a potential contender who ran into the dagestani tsunami so I'll-bag-a-ton-of-asswhoopings stole his thunder (as per the highlander-based rules of hype) and the shot at Mighty Mouse.

Was in an implied title eliminator on the UFC 169 Pay Per View.

I loved the lighter weights when they were FREE and in the MUCH smaller cage in WEC. The little fighters in that cage forces so much action it was awesome. I don't like the lower weights in the UFC cage, it is way too big and too easy for fighters that fast to get away, there was no where to run in the WEC.

I have no idea why the UFC is forcing the lighter weights on a fan base that doesn't want it. The numbers don't lie, ticket sales are down PPV #s are down since they added the lower weights.

I don't want to follow 11 weight classes, or 500+ fighters that the UFC keeps on their roster to fill all these lighter weight classes and keep all the foreign markets going.

HW, LHW, MW, WW LW - that was the best arrangement the UFC ever had. Easy to keep track of, no need to no 10 weight classes worth of fighters, you actually had the chance to see each weight class represented every time you watched fights... now they spend so much time trying to force the lower weights (at the expense of the heavier weight classes) that you see less and less HW and LHW fights and more 125 135 and 145

I really love watching the small guys go at it. Will watch everyone but the 125 pound division is so thin it lacks parody where it's basically three or four guys fighting over and over again, i mean how many flyweights are even in the UFC, less than 10?

How the fuck can you be on SD and not know who Ali is?

I loved the lighter weights when they were FREE and in the MUCH smaller cage in WEC. The little fighters in that cage forces so much action it was awesome. I don't like the lower weights in the UFC cage, it is way too big and too easy for fighters that fast to get away, there was no where to run in the WEC.

I have no idea why the UFC is forcing the lighter weights on a fan base that doesn't want it. The numbers don't lie, ticket sales are down PPV #s are down since they added the lower weights.

I don't want to follow 11 weight classes, or 500+ fighters that the UFC keeps on their roster to fill all these lighter weight classes and keep all the foreign markets going.

HW, LHW, MW, WW LW - that was the best arrangement the UFC ever had. Easy to keep track of, no need to no 10 weight classes worth of fighters, you actually had the chance to see each weight class represented every time you watched fights... now they spend so much time trying to force the lower weights (at the expense of the heavier weight classes) that you see less and less HW and LHW fights and more 125 135 and 145

An auto-adjusting octagon per weight class would be sick and reasonable IMO

But I think Ali is gonna be a handful for MM the fight should be sick but honestly that's all up to if Ali performs to his potential(see:Tj dillashaw) he has a good skillset
Otherwise a showcase fight for MM isn't an unreasonable prediction

After the TJ fight, you know anything can happen. So don't underestimate Bagautinov.

Dont underestimate DJs ability to sell a fight. A lot of people who never bought a PPV in their life have seen him put on exciting fight after exciting fight on the FOX cards.

This is a big drawback in the UFCs business model, it costs 60 bux to see the good fighters usually, the FOX cards are the smartest thing they have done in a while.

yeah because i would rather watch 100 fights like mark hunt vs ben rothwell where both were gassed after the 1st round than something like barao vs dillashaw. i see exactly why the ufc should do away with the lighter weight classes. there is far more up and coming talent at the smaller classes than at heavy weight. theres a lot of talent and exciting fights in those classes that you are missing. maybe its because they rely on technique and not sheer brute strength and its less likely to end in a quick ko but stop bitching and let the rest of us enjoy quality fights from elite fighters

So this TJ Dillashawhatever guy is fighting Renan Barao.........who is this guy? I'm sure he's a good fighter but like where in the world did he come from? I couldn't say one fight I remember him being in, he probably has fought on fight pass or something, I'm bot really sure. This ppv will sell terrible, like who is going to buy this ppv besides extremely hardcore fans who will buy anything?

Back