Who have you become a fan of recently?

New favorites this year includes:

Amanda Ribas, Mariya Agapova, Stamp Fairtex, Deiveson Figueredo, Merad Dvalashvili, Marvin Vettori, Virna Jandiroba, Viviane Araujo, Taila Santos, Gillian Robertson.

Favorites since before: Khabib, Joanna, Valentina, Cain, Fedor, Aspen Ladd, Cyborg, Petr Yan, Joanne Calderwood, Yoel Romero, Glover Teixeira, Stephen Thompson and Zabit.

The best thing that happened in 2020: Usman making Masvidal look like a bitch.

giphy.gif

Hate to keep throwing this name out there but I’d have to say Rafael Fiziev. I like his style. He’s technical, aggressive, and has good defense. Plus he looks like he’s having fun out there. I can’t wait to see his next fight against Moicano.
What a great pick. I completely forgot about him for a second.
I first watched him in his fight with Diakiese and I was absolutely blown away. The guy looks sensational. I went back and watched his first 2 ufc fights and other scraps from Titan FC . I couldn't stop raving about him.

Damn, I didn't even know about the Moicano booking!!! Can't wait for that.

Gonna have to echo Kevin Holland. Dude is a load of fun in and out of the cage. Same with Beneil.

Tanner Boser caught my attention first as Ciryl Gane's opponent, since I'm a big fan of Gane and he's a prospect I have my eye on big-time. Boser showed a lot of heart in that fight. He has only gotten better since then and that's a staple of his career: consistent improvement with each fight. He doesn't mind coming in as the lighter man at Heavyweight and using his footwork, hand speed, and combinations to put guys to sleep. His finishing sequence on Phillipe Lins was *chef's kiss* Also a bit of a character outside the cage.

CZVzDu9.gif

Speaking of up-and-coming Heavyweights, a little more obscure you have Chris Daukaus and Tom Aspinall. Both have high-level boxing fundamentals by Heavyweight MMA standards. Daukaus is the lighter man, seems to rely on his blitzing speed. A bit more one-dimensional as well. He's a Philadelphia cop and has a younger brother who's a fighter as well.

Aspinall is a frequent sparring/training partner of Tyson Fury and it shows with his hands. He's a big boy, but moves and throws deceptively fast. He's also a BJJ Black Belt and coaches Jiu-Jitsu on a regular basis, so he presumably has a decent ground game in his back pocket. Also is 1-0 (only victory by KO) in pro boxing.

These two going at it would be a lot of fun. They both seem fairly humble and focused on self-improvement and making their way up through the ranks. I'm eager for any sign of new blood at Heavyweight. Not every big guy can be a Cyril Gane-esque world-beater. Some are just hard workers with good fundamentals.

Bobby Green. He used to be the Anti-Diaz Daywalker: all of their weaknesses, none of their strengths. Always shit-talking and taunting when he should be punching.

But 2020 has been a turnaround for him. He seems super focused during fights and is down to get any wins he can, no matter the name, then gives humble post fight interviews focused on promoting racial peace.

Kevin Holland

Kevin Holland and Casey Kenney. Two badass fighters who bring it and bring it often. I appreciate their work.

Back