Who has their own brand of gear

Very True. Can anyone think of an MMA brand that was really, truly grassroots in the past TWO YEARS (meaning you cant say TapouT, which were the original, trunk of your car MMA brand) has anyone gotten to the top starting from the bottom?

Just wanted to touch on this, I own a custom mouth guard company (ProFormanceGuards.Com) that I started completely grassroots with nothing but extra salary money. I train with Professor Draculino in Clear Lake Texas, and through the connections Ive made with the local scene, sponsoring some fairly visible fighters in the Houston and local scene, and partnering up with most of the fight gyms in the area we are beginning to make a name for ourselves. I wouldn't consider us "at the top" yet but I definitely see us working our way there. So wish us luck.

Manto and Shoyoroll started small and picked up steam through the grappling community and are both now huge.

Very True. Can anyone think of an MMA brand that was really, truly grassroots in the past TWO YEARS (meaning you cant say TapouT, which were the original, trunk of your car MMA brand) has anyone gotten to the top starting from the bottom?

Two years is a short time to climb that latter, going from trunk of the car to top of the chain in that short of period would take a ton of cash, and therefore not really grass roots. Even designing, prototyping and manufacturing a new product is going to take a decent amount of time. A clothing company might be able to grow that fast, but anyone producing stuff that has a longer turn around cycle would have a really hard time without having a lot of cash to put into stock.

That said, I did start buying gear from Mike at Gorilla quite literally out of the trunk of his car when he first got started and that company has made a lot of growth since then, He's not putting Everlast out of business in the next few months though.

At the gym I go to, the owner/trainer actually is going to start selling his own gloves there.

He's already got the punchmate, and some of the prototype gloves he's been getting have been really nice.

PunchMate - Boxing, Kickboxing Training Equipment

I do say that the advertising in their site is almost overkill though, but what do I know...

Just wanted to touch on this, I own a custom mouth guard company (ProFormanceGuards.Com) that I started completely grassroots with nothing but extra salary money. I train with Professor Draculino in Clear Lake Texas, and through the connections Ive made with the local scene, sponsoring some fairly visible fighters in the Houston and local scene, and partnering up with most of the fight gyms in the area we are beginning to make a name for ourselves. I wouldn't consider us "at the top" yet but I definitely see us working our way there. So wish us luck.

Shoot me some info on your stuff. Mouthguards are something I want to review in the coming weeks/months so I'm doing a good bit of searching around - always supporting the little guy or underdog!

This thread has been extremely helpful to me for interviews and possible reviews.

hey cageside ive looked at your site and notice you have alot of awesome looking fairtex/strikeforce knockkoff gloves how do they compare to fairtexgloves?

Well, Fairtex actually copied our gloves :icon_chee

OK, that may not be the case BUT our Next Generation gloves are flat out AWESOME. Our RED ones are on sale right now: Cageside Next Generation MMA Gloves - RED I guarantee you will love them.

Yes this thread has been very useful in seeing just how varied the backgrounds of fight suppliers are.

Well, Fairtex actually copied our gloves :icon_chee

OK, that may not be the case BUT our Next Generation gloves are flat out AWESOME. Our RED ones are on sale right now: Cageside Next Generation MMA Gloves - RED I guarantee you will love them.

im probally going to order a pair is the padding the same size on the medium and the large?

ive been trying all different brands of gloves lately so im trying to test out different sizes and brands

Back