Who has the GOAT MMA wrestling: Khabib or GSP?

Khabib has shit for takedowns. Conor has better takedowns than him, let alone GSP.

Cejudo is olympic gold medalist.

Khabib doesn't have top 5 mma wrestling

khabib hasn't faced anywhere NEAR the competition GSP has. GSP dominated stud wrestlers like hughes and kos, khabib has barely faced any top ten competition yet. so apples and oranges right now.

If Karelin would have wanted to, he would have been.

MMA wrestling:
1. Jones
2. GSP
3. Khabib
4. Askren
5. DC/ Cain

MMA grappling:
1. Askren
2. Khabib
3. GSP/ Jones
4. DC
5. Rockhold

GSP. Not only is his wrestling sick and well tuned for MMA, but he's used it successfully against really high level wrestlers and made them look inferior.

Anybody below LHW should never be in the best wrestler discussion.

DC tosses these two like he did Hendo with ease.

Best wrestler in UFC is probably prime sea level Cain or juiced Jones.

Anyone below LHW shouldn't be in the best anything discussion other than p4p. Seeing people say GSP, MM, Conor etc are the best fighter on the planet is insane. Roy Nelson would kill all of them and he's terrible.

GSP is light years ahead of Khabib in any conversation. The only way khabib would ever be better than GSP is if he beat GSP.

Here are some highlights I found:

I personally think it's GSP. His takedowns were just so good and his top control was amazing. He could pass guard like no other. Khabib's takedowns aren't as good but he's just so smothering. GSP is great technique with GOAT level explosiveness. Khabib is average athleticism with GOAT level technique.

I watch GSP and think I could never do that. I watch Khabib and think I will never train enough to do that, but I could do that. It's difficult to choose.

What do you think?

What is the definition of “MMA wrestling”?
Is it TD’s, top control, and submission grappling all rolled up into one?

Jon Jones. The man outwrestled Olympian DC twice...He has never been outwrestled. Khabib and GSP can’t say the same.

I know he grabbed DC’s leg and sorta took him down for a few seconds in the first round and in the 4th round, he got a deep double peg against the cage and picked him up to take him down in the last few seconds. In the 2nd fight, i don’t remember any Jones takedowns.

I don’t know what you call “out-wrestling” but that’s not outwrestling.

Lol at people claiming someone can't be the best MMA wrestler if they've been outwrestled before during a fight once or twice

Even the greatest wrestlers in the world lose matches. Nobody is undefeated

The answer is GSP

Back